Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, went to Elkhart Lake, WI this weekend for the Generac 500. Just a few of the many pictures I took.

Aston Martin DB9R

Flying Lizard 911 GT3

Formula BMW around turns 6 and 8

LeMans testing runs

New BMW M race car

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BMW LeMans race car

ZR1 engine

ZR1 front rotor

C6R

Real Time RSX qualifying...

Post gravel pit excursion

A10 fly-over

Spectators R8

·
Opakracing
4,765 Posts
AWsome man! I bet that A-10 sounded awsome!!

couple neat things i noticed. Thats a hugee freakin rotor on the Zr1 LOL

The new BMW ALMS car is sooo soo fine

anddd why is the TSX faster than the RSX...

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just glad the A-10 wasn't firing :D

The RSX finished 6th behind some BMWs, Mazdas and a couple of Real Time's TSXs. He started 11th and finished 6th though, a good performance.

Here's video I got of an open wheel car getting just a bit off line :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c99fVmkS6a4

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More pics...

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
what was the mechanic chat about? did he tell you how to modify our front suspension so it works?

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apparently you have to spend the big $$ on a Moton 3-way adjustable suspension. Got a look under the hood while the car was in the paddock and the reservoirs were in plain sight. Dumb me didn't snap a pic though. The strut towers were also custom.

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
3,887 Posts
Yeah, the rear suspension on the RSXs are insane for realtime. My buddy's tech is their old fabricator and he does some craaaaaazy stuff. Aren't the rears completely inverted too, among many other things? I know that they actually start running lower spring rates in the rear, which is contrary to everything we know about suspension design on the DC5.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yeah, the rear suspension on the RSXs are insane for realtime. My buddy's tech is their old fabricator and he does some craaaaaazy stuff. Aren't the rears completely inverted too, among many other things? I know that they actually start running lower spring rates in the rear, which is contrary to everything we know about suspension design on the DC5.
They changed the motion ratio to allow the softer springs. Here are some pictures of the rear before and after the changes. The front suspension pictures are after that.

After the re-design:

And the front:

:)

·
Registered
473 Posts
So, went to Elkhart Lake, WI this weekend for the Generac 500. Just a few of the many pictures I took.

I went to the Houston race last year and had a blast. The ALMS cars and race were the best part of the show for me. The GT1 Corvettes and Panoz cars were insanely loud and the Audi was super quiet. I had my tickets already for this year's race when it was cancelled after the Champ Car/IRL "merger." Houston isn't on the schedule for 2009 either. :mad:

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
karl, i'll post up my pix tonite.

·
SC Crew #20
1,675 Posts
I went to the race @ limerock this year

The cars were amazing. Nice pics

·
DC5 Krew
2,827 Posts
wow that is crazy looks like u had alot of fun wish i could of went and that suspension on the car is bad ass

·
Beast Mode
9,149 Posts
i can post up a few pics when i get home, iphone quality though, my dad is sending some pics that he took, should have them up later this week

1 - 20 of 30 Posts