Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, little back story just got my 04 RSX type s back up and going after having the engine and trans out. The first few times I drove it the battery light would flicker on and off. Some times it would stay off for a couple miles but then it would start flickering again but the voltage was at 14.2v while driving. I triple checked all the grounds and power wire, checked continuity through all of them. A couple days ago the light came on solid and now it's not charging at all so I put a new alternator in today and still nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction on what to look at next. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Aftermarket alts can do this even if the voltage is good. Something about the signal isn't quite right so the light comes on. Some have kepts switching them until the light goes out.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I'd take it to a parts store that tests for free as you might have gotten a bad one. You can run on a battery for an hour or so, but turn off all the lights, fan, radio as the car will run until the battery is drained. When you turn key before you hit the starter, the battery light should go on and then turn off, If you don't see light initially it can mean the alt is bad. Of course not charging will turn it on while running, so check before you crank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts