Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I suck cause i have base
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yea.. i'm driving home and my battery light comes on.

then a minute later my speedometer goes down to 0mph.

Decided to test out the battery and ran everything for a few minutes then shut the car off and it wouldnt start.. so i just charged it for 20 minutes then went home cause i was at a buddies house luckily.

But yea.. just wierd.. I have to find someone to follow me up to the dealer tomorrow which is an hour away just in case i die and need a jump.

In conclusion: Alternator went to shit and I dont know my speed :firemad:

·
FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE!
585 Posts
So yea.. i'm driving home and my battery light comes on.

then a minute later my speedometer goes down to 0mph.

Decided to test out the battery and ran everything for a few minutes then shut the car off and it wouldnt start.. so i just charged it for 20 minutes then went home cause i was at a buddies house luckily.

But yea.. just wierd.. I have to find someone to follow me up to the dealer tomorrow which is an hour away just in case i die and need a jump.

In conclusion: Alternator went to shit and I dont know my speed :firemad:
Damn thats some shit & why Orland Park?

·
Wingless FTMFW
553 Posts
check your fuses. specifically the ones underneath the dash. I belive its a 10 or 15..can't remember exactly. It may be blown.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I'm not sure if it's the same on DC5's as it is on DC2's and DC4's. But on my DC4 the same thing happened and it turned out to be the alternator SP sensor fuse. I believe it was 15A and on my Teg it was found in the underdash fuse box. HTH. :thumbsup:

·
Wingless FTMFW
553 Posts
done that .. that was another test we did.. it shut off:thumbsdow
Another test would be to take a volt meter, set it on AC voltage and read AC voltage at the battery. You should only have DC voltage at the terminals, so if you have a high amount of AC voltage, you have bad diodes in the alternator.

Did you check for that Alternator SP sensor fuse?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts