Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ve been browsing around looking at headlights with angel eyes and different colour lights. I noticed that what ever the settup is and nomatter how good it may look that orange or amber side marker or flasher on the side of the headlight is always there.
on the rear that has been fixed by putting a red out over the amber. Why not do that in the front also (obviously not red). Ive seen some really nice headlights with a black housing and angel eyes and hids but that darn amber is always there to wreck
thewhole setup (at least for me). Can anything be done to get rid of the amber?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
since nobody answered does it mean that theres nothing that can be done about that ugly amber or orange reflector.
come on guys I need confirmation on this matter.

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
You can always attempt to take it out yourself. Open the headlights via baking in the oven and figure it out from there.

Look for the DIY on black out headlights for baking details.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
since nobody answered does it mean that theres nothing that can be done about that ugly amber or orange reflector.
come on guys I need confirmation on this matter.
No it means you gave less than 12 hours for a response. Have a little patience.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about that. But arent there any aftermarket headlights that come without these reflectors.
And I would bake them unless I could get someone who had the experience and wants to tell how it went. Or maybe its that nobody cares about this reflector (but I hope it not the case)

·
HellaFlush since 07'
1,129 Posts
Amber = Sex :giggity:

·
Rise Above
4,557 Posts
amber...good...angel eyes...bad

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
imo, the amber on the front lights give a nice contrast.

it does looks clean without the amber (have only seen non-amber on 02-04 so far), but i think the contrast is nice.

i'm not really sure if you're talking about 05/06 or 02-04, but i know they used to sell 02-04 replica headlights with clear lenses instead of amber ones. i dont think they have those for the 05/06. i'm sure you could open up the lights and take off the covers or have them replaced if you really wanted

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

it does looks clean without the amber (have only seen non-amber on 02-04 so far), but i think the contrast is nice.

i'm not really sure if you're talking about 05/06 or 02-04, but i know they used to sell 02-04 replica headlights with clear lenses instead of amber ones. i dont think they have those for the 05/06. i'm sure you could open up the lights and take off the covers or have them replaced if you really wanted
I have a 02-04 do they still sell them ?

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts

I agree. The reason it's hard to find headlights without amber is because it's really ugly. I've seen the Depo JDM replicas with white instead of amber, but I just don't like it. I found these ones on ebay, but I can't really tell if they are amber or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002...021QQitemZ310072694174QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The other thing you could do (please don't) is smoke your headlights like some people do.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree. The reason it's hard to find headlights without amber is because it's really ugly. I've seen the Depo JDM replicas with white instead of amber, but I just don't like it. I found these ones on ebay, but I can't really tell if they are amber or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002...021QQitemZ310072694174QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The other thing you could do (please don't) is smoke your headlights like some people do.
the link to the headlights u get me are also smoked lights w/o amber. What do u prefer smoke or black housing?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts