Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
RSX-less
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a year of owning my RSX-S I've loved my car a lot. Spent a lot of man hours on it fixing/installing stuff, cleaning it and etc. Picked up a healthy list of mods for it; both apperance and performance mods.

But having a nice car comes at a price.. and that is the chances of it being stolen. Well recently my car was defiled/attempted broken into, luckily alarm saved it and me being awake.

My mod list is in my sig in the link to my show-off thread along with pictures of it, by the way.

But yeah after some hard debating I've decided to de-mod my car, not all of it, but some things to make it not as flashy nor fast anymore. I hope to keep it clean still which I can manage to do since I have some nice parts on here I can probably trade/sell in exchange for others..

Anyways, I just wanted to rant about it and also say fuck theives for ruining my oldest/favorite hobbies.

·
Smoking a massive chooch
12,301 Posts
you could move someplace else or start parking in a garage or something? don't know if those are options or not. you don't have to let this ruin it, if it's really that bothersome to you, look into GPS tracking system. That way if it were to get stolen, you can find it in 10-15 mins tops.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
probably more fit for time to bitch, but you'll get people interested in buying parts here. I'll allow it "in the voice of that ref form celebrity deathmatch"

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
probably more fit for time to bitch, but you'll get people interested in buying parts here. I'll allow it "in the voice of that ref form celebrity deathmatch"
LOL Celebrity Deathmatch FTMFW!

Threadstarter: So what all parts are you gonna be selling?

·
RSX-less
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I don't live in a big town so its probably going to happen. In the area recently there has been a high number of car thefts so it sucks.. Even with the GPS I don't know, its just still fucked up to have the car stolen from you.

And Big Cam, if you want to move it go ahead sorry for wrong forum.

As for parts for sale, I'll be posting them in the classifieds when the time comes, right now the car is being looked over to repair some shit that got damaged.

·
2,848 Posts
Lawrence, KS is a horrible place to own a nice car...When I was a student at KU, I had my Integra broken into several times. Everyone I've ever known that has owned a nice car in Lawrence has had a problem with thieves. There are some trashy people there...

Are you going to be parting with your Tanabe coilovers? I would be quite nterested in those...

·
RSX-less
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its been attempted at... work, school and at home (most recently)

As for my coilovers i wont part those Ineed the suspension haha.

Most things I'm thinking of parting is engine mods and some exterior mods..mostly so that its not as flashy looking.

·
Smoking a massive chooch
12,301 Posts
move to North Dakota, we leave our cars running in the winter unlocked.

I don't because I'm not retarded, but tons of people do it.
yeah that, I leave my car sitting outside in my driveway unlocked at night, leave it running and open when I go into the gas station or a store for a couple mins. Thank god I don't live in a place like that where you have to watch constantly :shakehead

·
Registered
544 Posts
Don't let theives ruin your hobby!
Just make sure that you have the appropriate insurance coverage, invest in a 2 way alarm w/ proximity and tilt sensor (if you don't already have them) and gps tracking (so if your car does get stolen, the authorities can find it and hopefully bring someone to justice). A taser would be a good idea too, in case you catch someone in the act again, you can shock the f*ck out of them!

·
Wanna see my war face?
9,528 Posts
sorry to hear
but something like this shouldent change ur mind on what to do with your car
just turn it into a sleeper hahahaha

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
move to North Dakota, we leave our cars running in the winter unlocked.

I don't because I'm not retarded, but tons of people do it.
yeah that, I leave my car sitting outside in my driveway unlocked at night, leave it running and open when I go into the gas station or a store for a couple mins. Thank god I don't live in a place like that where you have to watch constantly :shakehead
Word... I live in MN... and I never hear about any cars being stolen... well where I live at least... in the cities my car would be gone and parted in like 10 minutes...

·
Registered
528 Posts
I live in south Atlanta and the crime rate here is skyhigh, but my car never had any problems. Maybe because the thieves here don't mind too much for my car rather than do the cars that have chrome rims and such :D still love atlanta though:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.