Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone else has this issue of water being retained in the side mirrors after a wash. When the car sits in the garage water will trickle from the mirror down the side of the car for the whole day. Water will splatter down the side of the car when driving as well from the mirror.

I've been using a blower to blow to simulate road speeds and try to clear it out that way but I don't have a type-S blower so some of the water still hides in there. Any suggestions? Is it just the way the car is designed with the lines and all?

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
Honestly, I've owned my RSX for like 8 years and the only way I can think to fix the issue is take the mirrors off.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
You could also tape off the mirrors with a bag or something.

·
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)
1,744 Posts
I never had the problem til I removed my mirrors few months back. Driver side is worse than passenger. I've just learned to live with it

·
Cone Killer
517 Posts
After a wash I just carry around a MF towel if I'm driving the car and just wipe/dry clean once you park it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. I was wondering if the previous owner had an undisclosed accident or something and that was causing it. Glad to know you all suffer from the same b.s.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Lol, the wash I use has a vacuum, so I've been using that to suck the water out from behind the mirror. Isn't there a rubber gasket there? Maybe you could take the mirror off and put silicon sealer on the underside, then just clean it up around the edges so it isn't visible? I've been too lazy to get around to trying it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Never had this issue in my EP, and I wash it everyday. Then again it is blow dried too.

·
:lurk:
1,612 Posts
Yup, this is normal for me too. Drivers side is like that after every wash. Passenger side sometimes.

What I do is I blow dry around the mirrors using a can air duster. Gets most of the water out. Then sometimes I'll take the car out for a quick drive to shake out anything left and wipe it dry.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wasn't aware of there being a gasket on the mirror. I've been closing the mirror and blowing it dry, opening and blowing it dry... pete and repeat. pain in the ass a bit but it works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts