Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
During out last kick back at the KSMatic Garage. A few of us were wondering about the good old days when we had the Taco Cart Meets. We usually had one every month back then for birthdays. As that had past, we all grew out of hanging out at parking lots and in to working force, we are going to jump start this meet as an Annual Spring Meet.

We usually had our Summer meets but since we didn't have one last year, it looks like we will start one for spring. I have spotted out a list of vendors on craigslist for a taco cart guy. It seems that a lot of them have a minimum of 50 people at $6.00-$10.00/person. Price isn't the problem as everyone will chip in their equal shares but its more of a food and service. If anyone knows anyone who does catering of tacos, please inform us via thread or PM and we can arrange something to be done.

YouTube Video of our meet from the past:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8mX_1ujqgY&feature=related

Date:
March 26 Saturday

Time:
Meet Up @ 12:00pm
Food Starts @ 1:30pm

Our Meet Location:
Thomas Burton Park
16490 Santa Bianca Drive
La Puente, CA

Plenty of space for parking in the lot and on the streets. Please make sure to pick up after yourselves after the meet is over. We don't want to get fined or banned by the city. We had run ins with the cops in the past but they all seemed to be cool with it as long as we kept everything cool and no rice rockets that attempts to ruin the whole meet.

The current price is set at $5.75 to $10.00 a person. Depends on how many people shows up, we will calculate from there. I will have a sign in sheet and will collect the cash, once we have enough people, I will calculate out the total and refund the rest of the money to everyone.

Rule of Thumb:
- It doesn't matter if you eat one taco or twenty, everyone will need to pay. Its only fair. Don't share! We had people sharing which caused a lot of people to over pay.

- Respect everyone and their cars. Well, mostly cars unless its so beat up that we have to clown you in person and on the forums.

- Drugs, leave them at home. I know people will be smoking weed but just incase the cops roll down, we don't want to be cause with the smell. You can do it in your cars away from the meet. Preferably a block away.

- Don't rev or race down the hills. Neighbors will complain and that will end our meet really fast.

- Alcohol. No alcohol is allowed in public. What you fill up in your soda or water bottle is your business and not ours.

- Other Car forums are more than welcome to join this meet as long as you are "user-friendly". Don't want people to be outcast out in to their own group.

On the day of the meet, I will create a Check-In on facebook for, "ASM Taco Cart Meet ClubRSX 11'". Make sure you all check-in.

Our Date and Time is currently Not available at the moment but it will be sometime in during March. I would like to have the meet early but not too early to where everyone ends up showing up 2-3 hours late.

if you want to sign up, please put in your user name along with your real name and any guest.

for example:

brody6699 - Jason
brody6699's Guest - Sherry
brody6699's Guest - Korean Girl named Gin Kim

Who's Going:
1. KSMatic - Kevin
2. IDBase - Mike
3. leesuh - Lisa
4. brysx - Bryan
5. smadc5 - Sean
6. meez - Arman
7. VTEC_graves - Kyle
8. Matt
9. maky887 - Mack
10. king kumo - Jeff
11. ryder626 - Jayson
12. 1503 soldier - Paul
13. FiveN9nE - Armen
14. AndSan714 - Drew
15. Vtec_graves - Kyle
16. teh STi - Brian
17. 714 RSX - Eric
18. Peter
19. Raf

·
Master Member
7,878 Posts
I'm in. Add me to the list.

·
Track Whore
2,471 Posts
I'm with Lisa on that one. Why not move it next month and make a poll for April?

·
Hi Hater.
12,900 Posts
i'll stop by, i'll be driving down anyways

·
aYO!
42,707 Posts

·
hello.
1,187 Posts

·
Master Member