Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Which date should be So Cal ASM 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annual Summer Meet 2012 (LOCATION PENDING Thread) July 14 **

4K views 97 replies 22 participants last post by  KSMatic 
#1 ·
Hello,

Its time again for the vote and casting of the next location for our Annual Summer Meet 2012. We will be voting on the time frame and location. Those who have not been to the Annual Summer Meet or/and End Of Summer Meet. Everyone chips in on food and drinks that is listed under required or still needed items. Those who did not bring anything, Cash is also an option.

We usually hang out, chill and relax.. we also throw the football around or even have some cars being worked on at the park itself.

Our all time favorite has been the Thomas Burton Park in Hacienda Heights. It has a large parking lot, no dips, the driveway is clear-able, if not, street parking is right next to the normal parking so it won't be too far from the area.

This year, we can do a taco truck, which we had in the past but the person who brought the meat was salty as sea water! However, they provided plates, drinks, and food and we just hang out and LESS WORK FOR ME.

Select the following two dates:

June 30, 2012 Saturday
July 14, 2012 Saturday

Those who have other suggestions, lets hear them.

All other forums are welcome to this meet. However, we need to have them on the list so we know we have enough food and parking.

NOTE: All cars must park head-in first, reverse parking considers us a car show, head-in parking considers us a group of people hanging out and doing a BBQ.

See less See more
#12 ·
Just FYI, location may vary since we will start a voting on location after date is set.

The ASM 2012 will be Potluck style, bring your stuff to contribute or bring money to contribute to the KOREAN SHORT RIBS BARBECUE that we will be serving

#22 ·
this guy... make up your mind foo..

whens the cut off date for voting? what are the location options...
This poll will close on 06-04-2012 at 10:22 PM

Options are Thomas Burton Park in Hacienda Heights, by 60 and 57 freeway.
Lisa is looking for some orange county ones so lets see what she says.. craig park is an option but its 300 for a shed reservation.

lmao everyone always talking about how far the meets are, I drive from Lancaster for EVERY meet.
Thats cool man, we not complaining yo! I drive a van with 12-14 MPG and it takes 110$ to fill up a 24 gallon tank that gets 300 Miles.

Let's have the meet at pismo beach :O
I down if everyone wants to go.
I'm down to drive wherever. As long as I can get my car running right
I am curious to are what everyones votes for location is.
thats good, will see you there.

#23 ·
Alright guys ..

So I've been looking at mainly parks in OC simply because that seems to be the "central" area for most of us. There are a couple of things for us to think about tho. Most of the parks in OC are already all booked for June 30th .. and most of them charge $5 for parking on weekends. So if we decide to have ASM on June 30th, OC isn't even an option and Thomas Burton Park in Hacienda Heights (free parking) would be our best bet.

I know that you guys want a nice parking lot where all the cars can park together for a photoshoot, so I took that into consideration as well. As far as I know .. only Craig Park and Thomas Burton Park is good for that. (Let us know if you guys know of any others!) Sooo .. if you're one of those people who will choose to not go anymore if the location isn't close enough for you, then here's your chance to speak up and give us input on potential locations.

#24 ·
Hey Lisa good looking out. I will see if I can find any mellow open available spots for the 30th also. And Kevin buy my Rsx and you won't have to worry about the van lol

#27 ·
I agree .. but most of the parks in OC are already booked for June 30th. If we want to reserve a park in OC .. there are some parks still available for July 14th. The only downside of parks in OC is that most of them charge $5 for parking on weekends and I'm not sure how that will affect people's decision to go. I'm sure there are other parks in OC where you don't need a reservation and it's just first come first served .. but it would get super crowded and we won't be guaranteed a spot. The only park in OC I know of with a big parking lot is Craig Park (where we had ASM in 2008) .. but I guess some people were complaining about all the speed bumps.

Sooo .. If we want to have ASM in OC, we would either need to have it on July 14th or find a park that doesn't require making reservations and has a nice grassy/bbq area with good parking. If neither is possible, then we would have to come up with alternatives .. and I would even consider bringing it back to Thomas Burton as a last resort. It has a spacious parking lot with no parking fee and a nice grassy/bbq area. The only "downside" of this park is that it's in LA .. and I'm afraid people from OC and SD won't like the drive.

Keep the inputs coming guys!

#31 ·
Mile Square Park has lame parking. The parking lots are very small. Most cars would have to park on the streets.

Theres a park in westminster off newland and edinger but it only holds like 30 cars but there's a lot of street parking Joe hosted a meet there once and if the parks r gonna be packed u should have the meet like 10 bu t I check out some parks and see what's up
Park West Park? That park can get very crowded and parking isn't all that great either.

Oh my. I might as well move to OC. o_O

#29 ·
Theres a park in westminster off newland and edinger but it only holds like 30 cars but there's a lot of street parking Joe hosted a meet there once and if the parks r gonna be packed u should have the meet like 10 bu t I check out some parks and see what's up

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.