Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 335 Posts

·
Like a sir
1,814 Posts
Hey, Zak, I used your DIY here. Special thanks! :thumbsup:
Where did you order your key from?

After a couple of months of trying to contact the guys at Six Sigma and another month of waiting for the thing to arrive, I finally received my test pipe! Now I can piece my exhaust together: SSR + Apexi WS2
Here is the money shot :D lol

I also received my tires a while ago - went with Dunlop Direzza DZ101 245/40/17

Just received my rims a few days ago :) Can't wait to install these

Unfortunately, it's been over a month now since I placed my order at http://www.kseriesparts.com/
The sway bar is on back order and so I can't run my wheels just yet :(
I was expecting more responsibility from these guys....

More updates coming soon!
Those tires really good in the lasting department? I want to switch from Nitto NT05 to something that will last longer

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Where did you order your key from?

Those tires really good in the lasting department? I want to switch from Nitto NT05 to something that will last longer
The key I won on eBay for $12.
Another $10 to make a copy of my key and an hour of my time with a dremel.
Favorite mod by far :D

I got tired of reading and researching the tire topic. Everybody says different things. These seemed to get more positive feedback than negative. Also, supposedly, they hold well in wet weather.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Installed my exhaust last night. Ended up with a huge rattle in the rear which got fixed this morning by bending the heat shield a bit.
Wasn't even expecting this thing to be so quiet. Did not notice any sound difference compared to stock. Just a slight roar from the engine. Car pulls a bit harder, but not $2000 harder :( We'll see how it turns out when I get my K-Pro installed and tuned.
Next step on the list was to pull the wheels out of the boxes and fix the curb damage. Here is what they look like:

I consider it a rare find - BBS RS 17x9 +35 all around. Always liked these wheels.
Since I was there with my camera, took a random picture of the car :)

·
9,306 Posts
lookin good. what size exhaust is it?
i noticed a difference when switching from dcrh/05-06 exhaust to ssr 4-2-1/custom 3 inch. pretty big difference was felt

·
9,306 Posts
upgrade that exhaust size for sure.
gl

·
9,306 Posts
You will be fine with no tune. On kpro there's an option for lean protection. Turn that on if you're paranoid. As for the exhaust 2.75inches and up is a must for the k20. Generally speaking.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Installed the K-Pro, uploaded the closest calibration to my setup, which was the Toda header + intake + exhaust + stock cams + stock injectors.
Very noticeable power gain! :D
Now I need alignment even worse, the car pulls from side to side.
Oh yeah, and the exhaust tone changed a bit too :D
Fun times, I must say :)

·
9,306 Posts
Change that exhaust Bro!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Installed my exhaust last night. Ended up with a huge rattle in the rear which got fixed this morning by bending the heat shield a bit.
Wasn't even expecting this thing to be so quiet. Did not notice any sound difference compared to stock. Just a slight roar from the engine. Car pulls a bit harder, but not $2000 harder :( We'll see how it turns out when I get my K-Pro installed and tuned.
Next step on the list was to pull the wheels out of the boxes and fix the curb damage. Here is what they look like:

I consider it a rare find - BBS RS 17x9 +35 all around. Always liked these wheels.
Since I was there with my camera, took a random picture of the car :)
Great progress man. Those BBS are gonna be clean as fuck on your car.

You don't want a loud throaty exhaust, thats how my buddy club spec III is and it gets annoying. I want a different exhaust but lack the funds at the moment

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Today I had the tires installed on them BBS wheels!
Here is a test fit:

Today I received a follow up email from CRSX store - my sway bar is being delayed for another two weeks.
This means, I can't get alignment done and so cannot run the wheels for another three weeks at least.
Anyways, I need to roll rear fenders and I need to drop my front a bunch.
My coilovers are maxed out, but there is still some spring pre-load room to go another inch or close to it. I'll have to stiffen the ride as well. I've been enjoying the factory-like comfortable ride, but the stance is worth the trouble :D

21 - 40 of 335 Posts