NIBIRU PLANET X
8,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:rotfl:

·
Street Chemist
5,632 Posts
Moral of the story:

Keep the LS7 where it belongs (corvettes and miatas).
No, the moral of the story is when you start making some decent power buy a fucking scatter shield. Dude could have easily lost a leg, arm, head, life. My dad was friends that pretty much had the same thing happen to him back in the day and lost a leg from a flywheel.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No, the moral of the story is when you start making some decent power buy a fucking scatter shield. Dude could have easily lost a leg, arm, head, life. My dad was friends that pretty much had the same thing happen to him back in the day and lost a leg from a flywheel.
Sure makes you wonder about our transverse engined FWD cars then. Last I checked, the flywheel in my car was inline with my crotch :(

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
holy shit that is crazy. see the part where he said it hit a kid in the leg after bouncing off something lol. if that had hit him his leg would have been taken clean off.

·
Street Chemist
5,632 Posts
Sure makes you wonder about our transverse engined FWD cars then. Last I checked, the flywheel in my car was inline with my crotch :(
I said when you start making power.....that also includes tq. Your fwd won't make enough power to have the need for a scatter shield. :laughing:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I said when you start making power.....that also includes tq. Your fwd won't make enough power to have the need for a scatter shield. :laughing:

Even with an asphalt-rippling 154 ft-lbs of torque I am on my 2nd flywheel. The first one grenaded, and ventilated the trans in two locations. Thankfully, my junk was safe.

·
World's Best Powertrain
2,987 Posts
It's all about dat weight loss.

·
Street Chemist
5,632 Posts

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Street Chemist
5,632 Posts
well i blew 1st gear sunday night :dontknow:
Not even close to the same thing. And if you blew 1st gear in your fwd rsx you absolutely blow at driving and should buy an automatic.

·
Street Chemist
5,632 Posts
Or maybe he's really good and kept the car right at the edge of traction maximizing torque.

Nawww, :mam: who am I kidding, you're right.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts