Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright so I've been fighting this for a few weeks now and just when I think I've solved my problem, this happens... I'm using the spec-d foglight kit (lights, harness, switch), with an add-a-circuit deriving power from an unused port in the circuit box. Pretty much basic ebay fog light install so far. However, when I plug my lights in and hit the switch, the lights don't turn on. I can hear the relay clicking, so I know it's not that. And just to make sure that power was making it to the end of the harness where the lights plug in, I grabbed my multimeter and tested it for voltage (see pic below). I doubt that it's the actual bulb in the light b/c (long story short) spec d sent me a replacement kit that included another set of lights and neither of those worked either. Any suggestions guys?

·
Poetic Finesse
1,457 Posts
I have the same foglights and they work just fine. Did you follow the spec d install video on YouTube? Where exactly did you wire in the 12v wire and the ACC wire?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I followed the spec d video as closely as possible, however when it came to the electrical wiring it gets kinda ambiguous. I connected the "ACC" wire to an orange wire that was connected to an unused green plug under my steering wheel. I just used this because it was showing a 12v constant signal when I didn't have the key in the ignition. For the "12v" wire I bought an "add-a-circuit" and connected it to an unused port on the near by circuit box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts