Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Another greddy question -help

605 views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  SOLORSX 
#1 ·
So I got the car finally to run.....It took some gas to get it running but finally started up.....my emanage lights were reading solid green and flashing yellow

Upon driving the car, I noticed some issues.....The water temp gauge in the bottom left hand corner of the dash was reading extremely hot after a minute or two of driving.....how hot does ur guage read?

I also noticed that i was not getting heat.....i cranked the heat all the way and got nothing but cold cold air......Would this be a problem with the radiator line....what should i check?

Any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
:eek: OMG.. :shakehead

Check all of your coolant lines, hope you didn't blow a headgasket..how long did you let the car run like this and exactly how "hot" did the car get?? You need to be very careful with this situation, you can do a lot of engine damage if you continue to do things like this..Check your thermostat also..

The car should stay at normal operating temp..your coolant temp guage should NOT keep climbing..

Again, be careful..

#4 ·
bluesiTYPER said:
:eek: OMG.. :shakehead

Check all of your coolant lines, hope you didn't blow a headgasket..how long did you let the car run like this and exactly how "hot" did the car get?? You need to be very careful with this situation, you can do a lot of engine damage if you continue to do things like this..Check your thermostat also..

The car should stay at normal operating temp..your coolant temp guage should NOT keep climbing..

Again, be careful..

If I blew a headgasket wouldnt the car be barely running?

I saw the gauge climbing from 50%(normal) to 75% and i decided to turn the car off......I waited for the car to cool down then i pulled it into my garage....

I will double check all radiator lines,etc.....

one more question - during the install i saw the instructions for running a hose from a male fitting on the air intake to the motor....where did that line have to be ran on the car? thanks

#5 ·
Not necessarily..I've seen a turbo car run a 13.0 at 114 w/a blown headgasket (not that it was smart for him to run this way)..Mind you the engine will go if you continue to let the car overheat..BTW, this is not the right thing to do, you can warp or damage engine parts when overheating..

Did you disconnect any coolant lines recently..you may want to try to bleed your coolant system in case you got air in the coolant line..this can make the car overheat..

#6 ·
bluesiTYPER said:
Not necessarily..I've seen a turbo car run a 13.0 at 114 w/a blown headgasket (not that it was smart for him to run this way)..Mind you the engine will go if you continue to let the car overheat..BTW, this is not the right thing to do, you can warp or damage engine parts when overheating..

Did you disconnect any coolant lines recently..you may want to try to bleed your coolant system in case you got air in the coolant line..this can make the car overheat..
The car ran for prob a total of 30 sec or so "overheated"......

I think there might be some air in the coolant line allowing it not to circulate properly.....tomorrow i will take a look and see if i can solve the issue......

#7 ·
Yep, can definitely be the problem..let the car run with the radiator cap off and keep filling the coolant/water mix..you'll be able to circulate the air out this way..prob take about 5 mins this way..just be sure to keep a good eye on the coolant temp guage and don't allow it to overheat..

#8 ·
bluesiTYPER said:
Yep, can definitely be the problem..let the car run with the radiator cap off and keep filling the coolant/water mix..you'll be able to circulate the air out this way..prob take about 5 mins this way..just be sure to keep a good eye on the coolant temp guage and don't allow it to overheat..
Thanks for the help bluesityper....this is my first turboed automobile so im trying to learn as much as possible to proper operation. thanks

#10 ·
A few more questions to ask......

I was out driving and all of a sudden my power steering went along with an oil light....
I turned the car off, started it back up but it started somewhat rough.....any ideas?

When I pulled over to the side while the car was running i also noticed heat coming from the radiator....i just filled the radiator before and the temp gauge inside the car read fine....what could be the problem? thanks guys

#14 ·
im goin to get the a/f boost tuned............

how reliable are the autometer a/f guage? mine reads rich and then starts the read lean when i get above like 5 psi.....wtf?

#15 ·
you might have the old emanage maps.....do you have the infamous 2krpm studder when you put a load on the motor? The car stalled from running too rich after the throttle plate was closed. This was a sign of the old emanage program. Although the engine can still stall with the new ones from what i have seen..but it does not happen nearly as much. The problem with the old emanage maps was being over-rich in the low rpm's. At light throttle@2kRPM's the car would do a mini stall, but once the throttle plate was closed(0% throttle) it would completly stall.

how cold was it there when you went lean when boosting over 5psi?

#16 ·
teamxrsx said:
you might have the old emanage maps.....do you have the infamous 2krpm studder when you put a load on the motor? The car stalled from running too rich after the throttle plate was closed. This was a sign of the old emanage program. Although the engine can still stall with the new ones from what i have seen..but it does not happen nearly as much. The problem with the old emanage maps was being over-rich in the low rpm's. At light throttle@2kRPM's the car would do a mini stall, but once the throttle plate was closed(0% throttle) it would completly stall.

how cold was it there when you went lean when boosting over 5psi?
It was around 20 degrees outside......im getting the car tuned on monday so hopefully i dont have the od emanage maps...

#17 ·
if you think there are any air bubbles in your radiator, what you should do is start the car, take off the radiator cap (carefully) and then start to squeeze the hose numerous times. this will hopefully cause the air to be released from the lines and radiator. add coolant as necessary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.