Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, heres the deal.. If all goes well, next week, I will be picking up a new Type-S.. The first thing I plan on doing, is an HID conversion, but, I have some concerns/questions I want to get ironed out first. :)

First, the main reason I'm doing the converstion, is all the extra light you get from HID's, so, I'm curious which kits out there are the brightest? (I get soo jealous in my current car, when a Mercedes or something pulls up next to me at night, and their headlights are so much brighter than mine that I can hardly tell mine are on :) )

I also would like the blue/purple look I see on some OEM HID kits. I'm not sure which (if any) aftermarket kits will give me this look, but if I can find one that does, and still provides lots of light, I'd be thrilled!

Last, it must be plug and play. I really don't want to start cutting/splicing wires if I can avoid it.

Your input is appreciated!!

Thanks!
--Joe

PS: Anyone happen to have nighttime pix of your car before and after the install? If so, please post! :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
http://www.lighting.philips.com/forum/forum_6/wwwforum.cgi

I think you can ask people in that forum
many experts are there

I guess they would say Philips HID is the best. It should be the brightest. Don't dream of getting those blue/purple color like BMW or Audi. You will never get those blue/purple effect. Only projector headlight can create such effect. For RSX (Reflector headlight), you can only get "white" color. When you first put the Philips HID kit on, it should look really bright and white, but when you are side by side with a BMW, you would feel pretty "yellow" with your HID. Just like the picture below. Actually, the picture below are 2 Lexus IS 300. One is using OEM HID (the left yellow one), and the other is using Philips 6000K bulbs (the right white one). So, I think Philips 6000K HID is the best choice. You can also buy the Vision kit (TrustRSX hid kit). It gives you purple effect. The problem with it is no matter what angle you are looking at the headlight, it looks purple. This is different than BMW or Audi HID which give you blue/purple effect only in certain angles and when you look at it from the front, it should only look white. It just depends what you like.

If you are really interested, try to contact
www.autolamps-online.com
this company is in England. Many people in PhilipsLighting forum buy their HID kit from them. They aren't the cheapest, but best services. You can find Nick and ask him some questions. He should be able to solve all of them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't think it will kill your battery

this is a quote that I copy from autolamps-online
"The xenon lamp produces 2 to 3 times as much light as a halogen lamp whilst only consuming half of the power"

HID use 35W
and normal bulb use 55W
so HID should save power

here is another good link for HID FAQ
http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/
this link is made by people in philips forum

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info!

Looks like i gotta decide between the Vision kit, and the Phillips 6000k kit... Just curious, do you happen to know, with the purple light from the Vision kit, does it actually illuminate stuff with a purple color? Or does everything just appear bright whiteish? The reason I ask, is I put blue tinted halogen replacement bulbs in one of my old cars.. Made the car look cool, but, dispite the higher wattage of the bulb, it made it harder to see it night (gave everything a blue tint, and was hard to see...) ... If thats going to be the case with the Vision kit, theres no question im going with the Phillips :)

Thanks!
--Joe

·
keepn' it clean
2,555 Posts
Hello GryphN,

To the best of my knowledge, the visionkit will make objects look purple and actually decrease the light. If i were you, I would for sure stick with the phillips 6000k hid kit. I am actually ardering one off of ebay when i can find one.

Everyone wants to get the purple effects, like on the s2000 or bmw 3's, and the change in color from blue to purple when you go over bumbs, but, as someone stated earlier, since the rsx uses reflector headlights instead of projector beams (as used on s2000 and bmw), there is no way of getting the purple effect without using a tinted bulb (which defeats the purpose of hid).

Believe me, these lights will look good enough. My friend put a pair of phillips on his car, and when compared to the hid lights on my other car, 2000 acura CL, his set looked much bluer.

So get the phillips! you will not be disipointed.for sure

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, sounds like for sure I'm going to go with the Phillips kit... Is the kit going to be completely "plug and play"? If not, what kind of screwing around should I expect? I think I remember reading in one HID post, that to get the kit to work I gotta tape the bulbs in or something to get them to sit right?

Also, K20A2, or anyone else who has the Phillips kit, could you please post your opinion about the installation/end results of the kit? Is it a major improvement over stock? (prolly a dumb question)

Or if anyone could give me the link to a post with alot of info about the phillips kit, that'd be great... I tried searching the archives, but it gets a little confusing (theres sooo much info out there)

Thanks!!
--Joe

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey anyone

hey i herd things bout the k2 visioin hids...lloookin purple an all i want to know if that kit is goood...and u guys said sumthing bout the phillips 6000k hidz...wut r those wut kindal ite out put does it have or color...anyone with these hidzzz....pleeeze post pixx sumone i want to c wut they looook like..i seen the purple visions...they loook hellla tite...but i want to c the other ones....anyone pleeeze post pix.....thanks everyone l8s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.