Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It doesn't seem like there are too many people with the jrsc street kit so i'm guessing i will be the only one with this problem, just my luck. Up until about 2000 rpm's, the computer under the glove compartment box will rattle like crazy, or at least i think that is where this is coming from. I've had the SC on for about two weeks and this is just started today so i'm not sure what could have caused it. Also, the idle seemed to fluctuate today some, from anywhere from 800 to 1100 rpms. Could these in anyway be related problems, since both started today. If this has happened to anyone else, please let me know what to do. Thanks, Jeremy

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the race verson so I don't know what is different with yours but do you have any vacum lines or anything other than electrical lines going to it? If not all I can think of is the 3 screws might be loose.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Yea recheck all the bolts that hold the ECU and make sure also that the little black box is secure and not hitting something. As far as your idle goes make sure that you do not have a vaccumm leak, check all of your hoses and as I have said before look under your car a the black metal bracket that connects from the SC to the block and make sure that one of those four bolts has not rattled loose causing that vaccumm leak. Good luck

·
Registered
340 Posts
jmp9982 said:
It doesn't seem like there are too many people with the jrsc street kit so i'm guessing i will be the only one with this problem, just my luck. Up until about 2000 rpm's, the computer under the glove compartment box will rattle like crazy, or at least i think that is where this is coming from. I've had the SC on for about two weeks and this is just started today so i'm not sure what could have caused it. Also, the idle seemed to fluctuate today some, from anywhere from 800 to 1100 rpms. Could these in anyway be related problems, since both started today. If this has happened to anyone else, please let me know what to do. Thanks, Jeremy
Idle problems sometimes happen if your idle bypass is not operating properly, check that out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts