Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Enginerd
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to doing this DIY headlight blackout project. I used Faint's frosty clears for the turn signals and painted over the reflector. I'm not much a fan of the orange on our cars so I got rid of it. Here are some pics...

:bow:

·
Enginerd
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PhuMasterFunk said:
very nice.....alltho i wouldve kept the orange
I just think it looks cleaner without the orange... And now I'm different from everyone else. :p

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
wow looks really clean, but i think maybe some orange side markers or whatever they are would look good on your car. like the ones on the jdm integras.

·
spikeysonic
84 Posts
damn bro dont even trip. i jock ur shit, especially ur frosty clear turn signals, wish i thought of that when i did mines. heres a pic of what i did to mines awhile ago, i also am disguested by the orange stuff in my headlights, jdm or not~~!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I have the exact same set up on a EBP...I am happy with it, but I don't like the blacked out reflector. It looks too home made and a little ricey as well. But orange definetly doens't go on the EBP, but I think it looks good on the ABP. O well

·
Enginerd
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spikeysonic said:
damn bro dont even trip. i jock ur shit, especially ur frosty clear turn signals, wish i thought of that when i did mines. heres a pic of what i did to mines awhile ago, i also am disguested by the orange stuff in my headlights, jdm or not~~!!!!!!

FaintReality might have some frosty clear's left over. You should PM him and ask.

I largely wanted to get rid of the orange b/c everyone and their dog has the JDM look. I wanted something different.

·
Registered
126 Posts
man that looks frickin nice... i wanna clear my corners too now... maybe get some clear side markers later on down the road too... heh

·
Registered
126 Posts
hey tex, can you post some pics of what those lights look like at night and also when the blinkers are on at night? thx... i'd REALLY appreciate it...

·
Enginerd
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
a66 said:
hey tex, can you post some pics of what those lights look like at night and also when the blinkers are on at night? thx... i'd REALLY appreciate it...
They look nearly the same (I still have orange bulbs in the parking light spot). The only difference is the blinker blinks clear now and not orange since the bulb is clear. Oh, and since the reflector is black, the orange parking light doesn't appear as bright and dominating. Its not much of a difference though.

If you still need pics, I'll try and get some tommorow evening or maybe my garage will be dark enough during the day.

·
13.43 @ 105.43
10,188 Posts
looking good

1 - 15 of 15 Posts