Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
12,318 Posts
the strength of k20 and f20 internals is not the same. at all. the engines are actually quite different. like I said, if you dont know much about it dont "speculate"...go on s2ki.com if you really want to learn and read up. those engines are absolutely great for boost. all it takes to run moderate boost is a good thick head gasket, though many run insane boost on stock internals including stock compression ratio (like this guy) and have yet to blow up.

I have done quite a bit of research on s2000s since I was in the market for one. it is truly impressive how that engine reacts to f/i. I would definitely never push the motor as far as this guy, but I'll bet he's just doing it to set some records, have some bragging rights, and when it blows rebuild with a completely reworked bottom end.

·
:P \|/
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
the strength of k20 and f20 internals is not the same. at all. the engines are actually quite different. like I said, if you dont know much about it dont "speculate"...go on s2ki.com if you really want to learn and read up. those engines are absolutely great for boost. all it takes to run moderate boost is a good thick head gasket, though many run insane boost on stock internals including stock compression ratio (like this guy) and have yet to blow up.

I have done quite a bit of research on s2000s since I was in the market for one. it is truly impressive how that engine reacts to f/i. I would definitely never push the motor as far as this guy, but I'll bet he's just doing it to set some records, have some bragging rights, and when it blows rebuild with a completely reworked bottom end.
Yea he doesn't run that power on the street, and he already blew his tranny.

·
Banned
12,318 Posts
what really surprises me is that his rear end is intact. holy hell. those cars come with some of the shittiest rear ends and yet this guys is still intact at that power level.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
what really surprises me is that his rear end is intact. holy hell. those cars come with some of the shittiest rear ends and yet this guys is still intact at that power level.
He prolly only rolls doesnt launch it hard... would be my guess

·
:P \|/
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Tony at T1 really does amazing work, everyone in Texas and the area around it go to him in the Honda world

·
Banned
12,318 Posts
damn. this is still hard to believe. alright, now off to s2ki.com. :lostswimmer:
dude, a built engine just raises your "cushion space" if you will. It lets you run higher boost and more power and if anything goes wrong, it will be able to handle it. running that kind of power on a stock internals simply means that should something go wrong, or a drastic change in conditions or some small part was to fail, the engine will shit itself fast. There is no room for error. That is why people dont run ungodly numbers on a stock engine, its for reliability and "cushion space", not because you simply cant. of course this is up to a certain point.

·
9,306 Posts
A 2jz is a better option but really requires a TON of work. Cutting extending motor mounts etc

The f series can handle good power up to 700-800whp. I was at 700 stock bottom end.

The drive terrain sucks though

21 - 29 of 29 Posts