Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I want the type-r kit. all the way around.

but i was wondering if this would look good.

type-r front lip in CF

painted sides and rear

oem CF hood
????

to tie in the CF in the rear I was thinking about getting the T1R Carbon Licence Filler. as seen on the ajr dc5. you can check it out here

I'm debating basically as to wether to get the front lip in CF or paint it. I'm just wondering if it would be to much CF

by the way my car is a PWP type s

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
when you say painted sides and rear are you talking about you stock painted sides and rear? if thats what you mean, thats the exact look im shooting for real soon. the lip will hang lower than the stock sides and rear but i honestly dont care. i think itll look alright, not the best but ill be happy with it. i dont think itll be too much cf at all. i have a cf hood too so i think itll balance out the lip well. i say get the cf lipand is you dont like it, you can always paint it down the road. good luck with it

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TypeRaisin said:
when you say painted sides and rear are you talking about you stock painted sides and rear? if thats what you mean, thats the exact look im shooting for real soon. the lip will hang lower than the stock sides and rear but i honestly dont care. i think itll look alright, not the best but ill be happy with it. i dont think itll be too much cf at all. i have a cf hood too so i think itll balance out the lip well. i say get the cf lipand is you dont like it, you can always paint it down the road. good luck with it
No I'm talking about the type-r sides and rear painted (fiberglass probably)

my only concern was that the front end would look unbalanced with the cf hood and lip on the white and having no other CF on the rear. that's why i was thinking about the CF license filler but it's kinda spendy aj-racing told me approx. $135 with the us exchange rate.

·
now on two wheels
6,467 Posts
did they tell you how much shipping would be? also i have the entire carbon fiber type-r kit and oem carbon fiber hood. it looks fine, but i might have to get the spoiler.

·
now on two wheels
6,467 Posts
yea i didthey didnt work b/c they were from r s x motorsports. if you go on there to where the type-r lip kit is and stuff you will see my sideskirts and rear lip. also go to customer rides (gallery) and i'm there to

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TypeRaisin said:
its not the type r lip or sides but its the same color scheme you were thinking of doing. cf lip with white sides. its my buddy ants car
I think i'm gonna go with the cf lip. and probably get the license filler to try and balance out the front and rear.

I plan to do the jdm diy headlights. I just don't know that i trust myself doing it. I'd just buy the jdm's if they aimed in the right direction.

Does anyone know where i can get the type-r kit for a good price? w/o going ebay. i'm looing for someone with a good rep for build quality, So i don't spend $$$$$$ fixing a poor quality kit.

·
K-What? K-Pro...
438 Posts
IMHO i think it would look good with the lip and hood together...with just one being CF i dont like it as much...as far a front to back balance...I think it will make the car look much better with all front and no rear CF...hope that makes sence...anyway my .02 goodluck! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TypeRaisin said:
after looking at the licnese plate filler, i wouldnt mind getting one myself!! does anyone the price and where i can find it? the 1tr site isnt quite up yet :(
I emailed aj-racing and they quoted me $180 CDN approx. $135 US

they have it available according to him so just give them a call they only do orders over the phone. I bought my spoon titanuim shift knob from them and would reccomend them.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TypeRaisin said:
damn thats alot for just a filler :( i would assume its just for looks right, theres no functional pupose behind it? ill think about it though. thanks for your help man!
yeah it serves no purpose other than style. but it does look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
silver RSX-S said:
get a CF spoiler to balance it off some too.
I'm debating even getting a spoiler. but if I did I would get the type-r wing and maybe paint the sides and leave the middle CF or do fiberglass all painted white.

but right now I kind of like the way it looks without the wing

·
zoom zoom
2,027 Posts
vandeetz said:
I'm debating even getting a spoiler. but if I did I would get the type-r wing and maybe paint the sides and leave the middle CF or do fiberglass all painted white.

but right now I kind of like the way it looks without the wing
hey, here's is a chop i did for someone a while back. its not exactly what u've described, but maybe it will give u an idea what it looks like with the cf lip.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
are those 16's

ITRGTR said:
hey, here's is a chop i did for someone a while back. its not exactly what u've described, but maybe it will give u an idea what it looks like with the cf lip.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts