Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my 2002 Acura RSX-S car has reached 75,000 miles. I wanted to know if there is any extra maintanence service I should get done on it now.

I regularly get an oil change every 6000 miles or so and get my tires balanced. I got a major dealer service at 30,000 miles where they ripped me off for $550 for doing a bunch of stuff that I didn't need. Had to replace my transmission and transmission fluid at 53,000 miles and had my radiator flushed at 60,000 miles. Anything else I need to do at this point.

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
the 'little deuce coupe'
882 Posts
if its not running like an old lawn mower and not smoking from anywhere, and the brakes work i'd say its good.

i change my oil every 6k miles and brake pads every 30k.

but the best way to find if there's shit wrong is to change the parts yourself, not have someone do it for you. that way you can see for yourself if there is any additional wear on any hoses, belts, tires, cracks in any parts, leaks, and thousands of other things.

·
iHeartDC5's
874 Posts
^agreed, and is the reason i'm saving up for a jack and four jack stands...

·
American HP!!
25,617 Posts

·
Ir1s K_
1,319 Posts
that major dealer stuff you do is @ every 30 , 60 , and 90 and needs to be done....

if you havent had your major @ 60 ..then you need to go back for your major.....and i don't kno how its $500(maybe you had other shiet need that you put off too) but its like $250-300 out here in cali

(I use to work for acura"going back to work for them" and know most of all the services needed to be done..if you had your 60k then just go in for your minor which they do oil,tire rotation,brake check, fluids top off and inspections etc etc.)

if you have any other questions ill be happy to answer.

·
Let there be light
286 Posts
what if i don't go in for service? it's like just under $300 where I'm at... i need that money for other things...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts