Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is this a serious thread? You cannot mod a Auto RSX for power in all reality unless you are SUPER well versed in electronics and fabrication and have a crap load of money. Firstly, the ECU... Good luck piggybacking Kpro onto the Auto-ECU. You are talking a LOT of money to make this happen properly and have the trans run right. Secondly, the trans CANNOT hold even 300whp. You would be lucky to hold 250whp in the RSX auto trans. Only a couple of people have actually successfully modded the Auto, and all gave up on them pretty quickly afterward as they were a major hassle. Learn to drive stick shift bro. If you want an automatic, keep it for your daily commute and buy a manual car to mod. That or buy a GTI or something that actually has an automatic aftermarket. The Auto RSX has ZERO aftermarket for power and ECU modification. The best you get it a Reflash.

·
Registered
4 Posts
LOL Sounds like you’re super familiar with HOAs, gated at that .

Ok so hypothetically, let’s do things the cheapest and easiest to make 400whp reliably. Since we’ve established what he has won’t cut it...sell it and buy a used coyote mustang or LS3 Camaro. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is exactly what he needs to do... Sell the car if he wants a car he can mod for power.. The Auto RSX is one of the worst platforms possible to mod for power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Imho buying a type s isn’t the answer. This is coming from someone with a type s. The primary difference is the motor and trans which you can easily just swap out if you plan to heavily modify anyway, buying a base for cheap is the better option.

But putting together that you’re new, can’t work on your car, don’t have a garage, probably don’t have a legitimate daily driver to afford to take this car off the road for awhile etc etc... just leave it alone and save your money.

No, buying a Type S WOULD be the answer. On top of the values of the Type S chassis going up and giving the person an asset that will maintain value and also increase in value, he will have everything he needs in 1 package ready to go. The K20A3 motor sucks. Both the 5 and 6 speeds K-series tranny's are not good anyway. None of them hold good power for long. Both my 5 and 6 speed were breaking at around the 350-400whp mark. I have since upgraded both with stronger gear sets and syncros.. The gearing(and amount of gears) all depends on the build, the power delivery, and how the car will be driving. I have had offers of over $12K for my Type S.. I bought mine for $5K with a beat up body(but very low mileage) and just did all the body and paint work. Clean title with only 60K miles on it and the body and interior are now immaculate. Car also has some super rare Honda Access pieces.. The Honda Access Blue Ions, and the Honda Access Window Visors, and the Authentic A-Spec lip kit for the 05-06 as well as wing. It also has Authentic DC5 Type R Black Recaro's front set. I could probably get $5K alone just for those few pieces in the car.

·
Registered
250 Posts
No, buying a Type S WOULD be the answer. On top of the values of the Type S chassis going up and giving the person an asset that will maintain value and also increase in value, he will have everything he needs in 1 package ready to go. The K20A3 motor sucks. Both the 5 and 6 speeds K-series tranny's are not good anyway. None of them hold good power for long. Both my 5 and 6 speed were breaking at around the 350-400whp mark. I have since upgraded both with stronger gear sets and syncros.. The gearing(and amount of gears) all depends on the build, the power delivery, and how the car will be driving. I have had offers of over $12K for my Type S.. I bought mine for $5K with a beat up body(but very low mileage) and just did all the body and paint work. Clean title with only 60K miles on it and the body and interior are now immaculate. Car also has some super rare Honda Access pieces.. The Honda Access Blue Ions, and the Honda Access Window Visors, and the Authentic A-Spec lip kit for the 05-06 as well as wing. It also has Authentic DC5 Type R Black Recaro's front set. I could probably get $5K alone just for those few pieces in the car.
The value of the type s is going up for clean well kept examples that are mostly stock. If he’s going to molest it and boost it, might as well just use a base rsx shell. In any case, the entirety of this thread is hypothetical and he is likely not going to do any of it.

·
WILDCARD!
1,459 Posts
I also have the Access visors. You and me, bruh. We are ELITE.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts