Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
エアロキット&#
2004 Acura RSX Type S Milano Red
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, this probably sounds horrible, but i have a 2003 and its been lowered since like 2004 with no alignment.

I just got new tires on my 17 inch wheels, and finally plan to get an alignment on friday-

my car is lowered with skunk2 sleaves and koni yellow shocks, a moderate drop, leaving not much finger gap all around (on stock 02-04 rims/tires)

I have a camber kit in the rear only,

what i want to know is, with my drop and 17 inch wheels- should i tell the place anything special?

i am concerned equally with how straight the car drives, and even tire wear

I havn't ever had even tire wear, and i just dont want the insides of these tires to wear out quickly.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
if you don;t want the inside to wear out faster than the outside, aim for 0 camber.
if you want the car to drive straight, aim for 0 toe.
but the car will not handle good.

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
Factory spec's will be fine for your application.

·
エアロキット&#
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is there a way to get some camber and toe, but still have even tire wear?

what do you guys do so that the car handles well yet your tires do wear evenly?

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
Well, camber really isnt that big of a deal. It gets blamed for more tire wear then it actually causes. the bigger culprit is Toe.

The reason Camber gets such a bad wrap is because you can actually see camber when you look at a tire, but you cant see Toe.

So, a cars tire wears unevenly and the owner can see that its got camber... so camber must be to blame and the diagnosis is cast in stone. when, nine times out of ten, it was bad toe settings.

But like I said, the factory settings will probably be perfectly fine for you. If you want to set it up in a way that's more advantageous to turning... Read this

·
Mep Meeep Mepmep
1,488 Posts
my good buddy has the exact same suspension setup as you do. he is running -1.5 front, and -.75 rear. (following zzyzx's reccomendations actually) it wont be an entierly even wear, but its not really going to change his mileage. (maybe a 1000) miles less after by the time the tire wears out. (i plan to do this after my clutch in the next few months)

im not sure if you have this, but if you do want to go the 0 camber all around, you (might) need a camber kit. personally my left rear camber is -.6 from the factory, but i couldnt change that even if i wanted to because the rear suspension has very little adjustment play in it.

personally i'd only want toe if i were to track my car multiple times a year, on tires that were track dedicated

·
エアロキット&#
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so if I ran this set-up...

Camber Front = -1.5
Camber Rear = -.75
Toe front = 1/32nd toe out
Toe Rear = 1/32nd toe in
Caster = as much positive caster as you can get...

will the tires wear somewhat evenly?

I want to go with that, but i just hate looking at the inside of my tires after a month and the insides start to wear quick

·
エアロキット&#
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sounds good, thanks you to everyone who responded/ helped me out

but can i achieve these settings with only a camber kit in the rear?

i assume i can, but I am not sure

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
no, you'll need a camber kit for the front too.

·
エアロキット&#
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dammit!

so whats the most amount of camber i could get in the front w/o a camber kit?

·
エアロキット&#
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^ i ordered them yesterday

i have another question for you about alignment-

if i went with this set-up, as you recommended:

Camber Front = -1.5
Camber Rear = -.75
Toe front = 1/32nd toe out
Toe Rear = 1/32nd toe in
Caster = as much positive caster as you can get...

how bad is the "extra" or inner tire wear?

since you said that toe can cause the extra tire wear, what if I aimed for 0 toe front and rear, and kept the same camber settings that you mentioned?

would that work? or would it be more worth it to just go with oem spec. if im worried about uneven tire wear?

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
don't worry your not going to get much extra tire wear with those settings. you should rotate your tires ever 6k to help with even tire wear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts