Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if there are any autos out there running with the level10 torque converter or any other tranny upgrades from them. if so, what are they, price and gains? is there anyone planning to get one? i have been heavily considering getting it but want someone else to try it out first before i get one,haha :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
i called them before its 500 for the converter.
You need to uninstall and send them the tranny i believe.
If u get them to do it its another 500.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
deadcrow27 said:
they mention a 1 sec drop in the 1/4 :dontknow:
Really?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
deadcrow27 said:
:dontknow: thats what they claim but its their product
Is this on their website?

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i remember them claiming thia as well...

i would need to send them my whole tranny just to get the torque converter or do i only do that for the entire tranny upgrade? i wrote to them a few months back and they hardly answered any of my questions. i even asked for a rep to come to our boards to share their knowledge. all they told me was that the torque covenverter is for sale now and it was 500 bucks. maybe ill write to them again this weekend and see if i can get better answers.

·
Registered
335 Posts
TypeRaisin said:
i remember them claiming thia as well...

i would need to send them my whole tranny just to get the torque converter or do i only do that for the entire tranny upgrade? i wrote to them a few months back and they hardly answered any of my questions. i even asked for a rep to come to our boards to share their knowledge. all they told me was that the torque covenverter is for sale now and it was 500 bucks. maybe ill write to them again this weekend and see if i can get better answers.
just call them up! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have heard bad things about them. The local shop that i go to got a kit for a prelude from them and first they didn't send all the pieces to the kit. Then they told them to go to some store to buy the clutch disks that were missing. They weren't very helpful with providing how to install, and overall it ended up taking almost a month. I guess if you don't care about that and just want the product you may eventually get what you want. Good luck if you get it, I wanted it to until I heard how bad their customer service and help was.

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea, i got the feeling that they werent all too great interms of customer service after i talked to them the first time. im still going to write to them though this weekend and try to get as much info as i can.

·
keepn' it clean
2,555 Posts
Is a level 10 torque converter for autos equivalent to a race clutch for manual cars? (dont know that much about auto trannys)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts