Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Traction is for pussies
2,645 Posts
i like it

it looks sweet

it took forever since i install everything...most shops only carry brake line benders and after we bent all the tubing to fit using that, we had massive hood clearance issues...so we tried more tubing (note: 1 foot of steel tubing is like $2-3...we probably went through 30 or so before we were able to get it looking like it does)...we went through a couple different benders, neither of which cleared the hood until we were able to get our hands on the NOS bender...better to use but still a pain in the ass

hasn't been at the track yet...every now and then i run into stupid little issues
for example:
1) the place i went to get my bottle filled at kept filling it about half nitrous and half air...they didn't do it on purpose, but also wouldn't admit to doing it...so after a little while, i'd just purge out air
2) i noticed my purge solenoid had a slight leak in it so i sent it in for warranty repair...they sent it back to me and i put it on the car awhile back...about a week ago i got my bottle filled for the first time since december (since i was at home in arizona for winter break then...normally i'm at school in ohio during winter months)...and of course one of this fittings on the purge solenoid was leaking (not the one on the out side this time though...so i'll need to reseal that fitting

also my remote bottle opener occasionally fucks up on me and i have to retighten the clutch which has become a much bigger pain in the ass recently because the clamp that holds it on started getting stuck

none of those are really direct port specific problems though, i'm sure the same problems would arise on any kit

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MrBurner said:
i like it

it looks sweet

it took forever since i install everything...most shops only carry brake line benders and after we bent all the tubing to fit using that, we had massive hood clearance issues...so we tried more tubing (note: 1 foot of steel tubing is like $2-3...we probably went through 30 or so before we were able to get it looking like it does)...we went through a couple different benders, neither of which cleared the hood until we were able to get our hands on the NOS bender...better to use but still a pain in the ass

hasn't been at the track yet...every now and then i run into stupid little issues
for example:
1) the place i went to get my bottle filled at kept filling it about half nitrous and half air...they didn't do it on purpose, but also wouldn't admit to doing it...so after a little while, i'd just purge out air
2) i noticed my purge solenoid had a slight leak in it so i sent it in for warranty repair...they sent it back to me and i put it on the car awhile back...about a week ago i got my bottle filled for the first time since december (since i was at home in arizona for winter break then...normally i'm at school in ohio during winter months)...and of course one of this fittings on the purge solenoid was leaking (not the one on the out side this time though...so i'll need to reseal that fitting

also my remote bottle opener occasionally fucks up on me and i have to retighten the clutch which has become a much bigger pain in the ass recently because the clamp that holds it on started getting stuck

none of those are really direct port specific problems though, i'm sure the same problems would arise on any kit
Thanks for the input.
How many miles do you have on your car and how often do you spray?

2,645 Posts
43k or so...its only because i have taken (i don't even know what the count is upto but probably) 8-10 road trips from arizona to ohio or from ohio to arizona

i generally don't spray when i'm in ohio and only at home...luckily we just found a new fill station fairly close by so now i might start to keep the bottle filled here in ohio...probably gone through 6-10 bottles (depending on how you count those half nitrous/half air bottles)

2,645 Posts
we considered it at first but after all the time spent up top and how much i love looking at it everytime i open my hood, i think i'll leave it

also with the NOS bender i was able tog et all the hood clearance issues resolved so my current setup doesn't have any problems

alpha, any chance you can post or pm me with some pics of your old setup? i've been thinking about an engine-bay spare fuel cell just for the nitrous that i would run 110 unleaded race fuel in...i vaguely remember you or someone else mentioning you had that

· JLA Bitches!
7,486 Posts
I was actually running an extra fuel system to make sure the nitrous kit was getting the right amount of fuel (Hondata leans out the fuel mixture pretty good). I'll see if I can find the pix of my whole install. I had them on my computer, but the HD crashed, so I lost most of it. Luckily I have em on film too, so I do have those pictures. No scanner though.
I wanted my whole setup to be "invisable" to most people, so that's why I decided to do the plumbing under the manifold. Hood clearance was the second issue. You still tap up top, but most of the tubing is under.

2,645 Posts
V8 Killaz said:
Hey alpha zero where can I purchase an engine bay spare fuel cell for higher octane gas when im spraying a big shot?
realistically it isn't worth it for most people...you can get one from almost any domestic performance shop for around $100 if not less but you will also need an external fuel pump which raises that price up quite a bit

try summit (www.summitracing.com)...i've been there and definitely seen fuel cells on the showroom floor

in arizona we have a place called lopers performance that i know also has them (it's a big domestic place)

2,645 Posts
Alpha Zero said:
I was actually running an extra fuel system to make sure the nitrous kit was getting the right amount of fuel (Hondata leans out the fuel mixture pretty good). I'll see if I can find the pix of my whole install. I had them on my computer, but the HD crashed, so I lost most of it. Luckily I have em on film too, so I do have those pictures. No scanner though.
I wanted my whole setup to be "invisable" to most people, so that's why I decided to do the plumbing under the manifold. Hood clearance was the second issue. You still tap up top, but most of the tubing is under.
wait so you tapped the nozzles on the top of the IM? like in the same place mine are and then ran the tubing underneith? because i don't see how that would fix any hood clearance issues as all of my clearance issues are with that initial bend right off of the nozzle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.