Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit of a stupid question, I thought I saw it with a search I did a couple weeks ago when I was researching stuff but I can't for the life of me find it now....

Is there a difference between a non-type S and type S gauge cluster? (Both 05-06) More specifically I believe they're part # 78120-S6M-A22 vs 78120-S6M-A12? Are they two truly different parts or are they the same and just numbered differently in part lists? From what I've been able to find in my searches, I believe there is no difference other than the sticker on the back?

I'm planning to do a DIY LED Gauge Cluster swap, but since I tend to be a little mechanically challenged I always prepare practice pieces / backups. :noes: While it won't really affect the final project, I'm just sort of curious. If the practice piece (the backup one I got) turns out really well and is the same I may just keep that as the final and install that instead doing another swap (Odometer is fairly close). Otherwise I'll just pass it on to another member if it doesn't.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
1k rpm's i'm sure

the type-s redlines around 8k....and shows 9k rpms i think

the base (5-speed) redlines around 7k....and shows up to 8k

i think that's the only difference though. i'd recommend just trying to find a type-s guage cluster though

·
N54>K20
1,009 Posts
Type S is marked up to 160mph, base is 140mph

·
Try and find the type S cluster...unless you want to ractice on the base cluster and then do the real deal on the S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.