Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
maybe .. they still don't have an answer to retarding the ignition under boost.. and still rely on the ECU to retard ignition when detonation starts... I belive that is the wrong way of doing it..

W

·
0 Posts
Not sure if HKS or Greddy has a solution already.. I was talking to J&S some weeks back and they wanted to see a ECU pin out and ignition diagram to check if the J&S safeguard with Boost retard will work http://www.jandssafeguard.com/... if it does then that's the way to go..

plus Zips SMC unit for fuel..

http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB12&Number=1383768&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

The advantage of using the SMC is that you do not have to tamper with the factory set fuel presssures and still use the factory fuel pump! The SMC takes away these extra devices out of the tuning equation.
So no return fuel line.. or FMU

·
Registered
423 Posts
actually we dont "rely" on the computer to control the timing...we have a piggy back "mother board" that alows us to control what ever aspect of what we need to do to tune the car. if you have any questions feel free to call me at Cybernation.... it would be easier to explain that way

·
Registered
568 Posts
dc5 said:
I am just trying to think about what would be the downside if I get Cybernation Turbo kit or RevharD turbo..any help?
There is no downside to a stage 2 or above RSX system with built internals.

Ther downside on stage 1 is building too much horsepower for the stock piston rings. Keeping the HP at no more than 270 is a good idea on stock internals.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Whooopasss said:
maybe .. they still don't have an answer to retarding the ignition under boost.. and still rely on the ECU to retard ignition when detonation starts... I belive that is the wrong way of doing it..

Hondata is probably the only people who have more time in the RSX ECU than we do. Timing retard is not one of our issues. We have been able to run 15psi on stock internals on several occasions with the knock sensor staying silent. On such a high compression engine if the timing was not under control we would probably be picking up pistons and rods off the road. Our Cybernation TEST RSX-S has been running for 7000 miles on 10psi or more and we have yet to log any detonation.

W

·
0 Posts
and this is on the stock ECU with just fuel enrichment?? damn!!!! good job!!!

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Stage 2.... yummy. And what type of hp are you expecting to come out of this stage 2 RSX??? How much boost will it be running? When will it be done? :spin: :spin: :spin: This type of information will arouse the croud without a doubt.

Cybernation=RSX Gods!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
why not go custom....

This is just my opinion on the question....

1. Cybernation or Rev-Hard .... Cybernation all the way. Both companys offer a solid turbo kit, but with either one, you are going to be a gueni (think thats spelled right) pig.

Cybernation or Rev-Hard Turbo Kits 101
- Cant go wrong with F/I :thumbsup:
- Both kits will give roughly 250 @ 6lbs boost.... 300 + @ 10/12 lbs
- Price is around the same.... HIGH :( (5k)
- Cybernations seems to give the most up to date info, dyno's, and information involving thier kit.

My plans and opinion on this matter..... custom turbo.

There is no right or wrong way to build a turbo kit, as long as you have all the parts. (turbo, intercooler, intake manifold, ecu , etc.)

Pro's of a custom - sky is the limit, its all in how you tune it....:laughing:

·
Registered
568 Posts
wunluv said:
Stage 2.... yummy. And what type of hp are you expecting to come out of this stage 2 RSX??? How much boost will it be running? When will it be done? :spin: :spin: :spin: This type of information will arouse the croud without a doubt.

Cybernation=RSX Gods!
With pistons and rings we will push 400hp to the wheels on stage 2.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Re: why not go custom....

Jtaylor said:
This is just my opinion on the question....

1. Cybernation or Rev-Hard .... Cybernation all the way. Both companys offer a solid turbo kit, but with either one, you are going to be a gueni (think thats spelled right) pig.

Cybernation or Rev-Hard Turbo Kits 101
- Cant go wrong with F/I :thumbsup:
- Both kits will give roughly 250 @ 6lbs boost.... 300 + @ 10/12 lbs
- Price is around the same.... HIGH :( (5k)
- Cybernations seems to give the most up to date info, dyno's, and information involving thier kit.

My plans and opinion on this matter..... custom turbo.

There is no right or wrong way to build a turbo kit, as long as you have all the parts. (turbo, intercooler, intake manifold, ecu , etc.)

Pro's of a custom - sky is the limit, its all in how you tune it....:laughing:
The price you mentioned on the Cybernation kit is not exactly correct. You can actually purchase a fully working turbo kit for less than $4000 from Cybernation.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
$4k kit

turbotech said:
The price you mentioned on the Cybernation kit is not exactly correct. You can actually purchase a fully working turbo kit for less than $4000 from Cybernation.
this kit also lacks a boost controller. how the hell you gonna sell a kit this expensive with no boost controller? thats bs. im cheering for them. but for that price. i can get a custom kit local.

·
Registered
423 Posts
this kit also lacks a boost controller. how the hell you gonna sell a kit this expensive with no boost controller? thats bs. im cheering for them. but for that price. i can get a custom kit local.
you can get a boost controller with it if you want.. we dont include one on the basic kit because its not needed. and the basic kit, which is a good basic kit, starts at $3510. most of our applications are set up for street driving on a stock motor. when we install a kit we tune it at a safe boost level, usually between 7-10lbs. and the car is tuned accordingly.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
thats all good. but i live in VA. there isnt a shop within 50 miles i trust touching anything but the exhaust gas from my car.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Silver Cauliflower said:
thats all good. but i live in VA. there isnt a shop within 50 miles i trust touching anything but the exhaust gas from my car.
Sometimes making the trip to a good shop is worth it :). I used to drive 50 miles to a shop when I couldent install somthing. :thumbsup:

J

·
Oct '01 OG!
4,463 Posts
Yeah your car will still be slow.. :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Revhard Turbo

I went to check out a turbo for sale a while back. The guy had bought a Rev Hard Turbo Kit, he had it on a Black RSX, real nice looking. But the exhaust manifold cracked 2X, I also heard from a local Dyno shop, that is common with their kits.

I have no idea if it is true, but I did see the cracked exhaust manifold. Just thought Id pass some knowledge.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
all turbo'd rsx's have had misfiring issues...that's why there weren't any at SEMA...even w/ correct a/f levels, the ecu is pissed off...

W

·
0 Posts
can you give more details on the ecu getting pissed off.merlyn. any of the cybernation or rev hard people what to answer this?..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts