Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RSX-R exhaust header, and a Greddy EVO II catback. As of right now, I don't have anything between the catback exhaust, and the RSX-R header.....(obviousbly I don't have these installed yet) What would I need, or would you recommend that I put in between? If i get a hi flow cat, which one would you recommend? Would there be any conflicts? Would I have to get a shop to weld something up to get everything to fit?

And finally, Once I get the hi flow cat, and have the above mentioned all installed, would I see any power gains? losses?

I have RSX Premium SS

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had my local shop make a custom 3" down pipe from the header to my magnaflow hi flow which has ports for the OBDII sensors. They welded everything in and it looks and sounds great. I put in my dc shorty header and cat at the same time so not sure how much the hi flow added but it was a very noticeable difference with the two. The magnaflow hi flow was like $100. Down pipe material, welding, and install of hi flow were like another $100.I also have SS and would recommend this.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I have the Greddy EVO II exhaust. Would that magnaflow cat hook up with that? Where did you get your cat from? I'm from Canada, and small town at that. The local performance shops try to charge you to the teeth for parts. I do know a good muffler shop that I could probably get this done.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts