Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got my 04 type s and am having problems getting all the "lint" off the top side of my dash. I think you guys know what I mean, it's just that rough textured material and dust just get stuck to it when I run my microfiber cloth over it.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
there's been several posts on this, but summed up, I've heard ppl say they've used everything from fine hair paint brushes to those sticky lint remover rollers. I use a combination of things, including a vac.

First, since I wash at home I use a powerful mini vac with an extension cord to get in the car, I use a brush attachment to go over the dash after vacuming the rest of the car, to try and stir up those little grooves and vac it up at the same time. Then I go over it with an mf towel and a very light shot meg's vynil interior. Turns out nice after that, but every now and then it can still use a quick go over with a dry mf towel or lint remover for between washings.

I just recently started using mf towels on everything, (drying exterior, applying wax, buffing wax) so to to dust and clean the inside of the car seemed like a good job for them and like it so far. Those red car dusters you usually see in the stores tend to leave little red strands here and there.

·
i ❤ macro.
2,252 Posts
I'd just use a mini dash duster which can be found at your local Walmart. And as mentioned, we've covered this topic over a dozen times, next time do a search. Congrats on your new car, btw. :)

·
Yeah ok
269 Posts
hondapwr said:
I just recently got my 04 type s and am having problems getting all the "lint" off the top side of my dash. I think you guys know what I mean, it's just that rough textured material and dust just get stuck to it when I run my microfiber cloth over it.

Any suggestions?
Just go get yourself a couple cheap microfiber towels...you dont need the good ones, and just wipe it off...it will get everything off, including all the lint and dust on the waffle part of the dash. :bow:

·
Banned
460 Posts
Kinbote said:
there's been several posts on this, but summed up, I've heard ppl say they've used everything from fine hair paint brushes to those sticky lint remover rollers. I use a combination of things, including a vac.

First, since I wash at home I use a powerful mini vac with an extension cord to get in the car, I use a brush attachment to go over the dash after vacuming the rest of the car, to try and stir up those little grooves and vac it up at the same time. Then I go over it with an mf towel and a very light shot meg's vynil interior. Turns out nice after that, but every now and then it can still use a quick go over with a dry mf towel or lint remover for between washings.

I just recently started using mf towels on everything, (drying exterior, applying wax, buffing wax) so to to dust and clean the inside of the car seemed like a good job for them and like it so far. Those red car dusters you usually see in the stores tend to leave little red strands here and there.
I do the same thing

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.