Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Majority of you are sport bike riders, anyone here ride Harley's? Im trying to convince my wife that after my 4Runner is paid off, im going to get a Harley Davidson Soft Tail Deluxe. Ive ridden street bikes before, and used to ride dirt bikes back in the day, im done with things made for high speed, i want a cruiser. So my question is, any HD riders around here? Oh and my future bike....

·
Beware the Eggplant
16,632 Posts
nice ride. Not my style, but I can dig it.

Reactions: anima

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
i think harley's are overpriced. but i'm a cruiser girl

Reactions: DarkMatter

·
'Ello Dutchie
1,757 Posts
Well. This bike I have now, 92 VFR750. Bought it for 1,000. Fixed it up with a little money, brakes, brake lines, chain, and other routine shit because it was sitting for so long.

It had I think 44,000 miles on it. Within a little over a year it's already over 52k miles and going strong as hell. How are jap bikes unreliable?

And I'm alright with harleys, I just don't like when they are louder and more obnoxious than your average sport bike. They MUCH slower and yet they have to be all HEY LOOK AT ME exhaust. And I'm not just stereotyping but a lot of local harley riders ride drunk, they get a bad rap but so do sportbike riders, just in a different way.

There are a few new harleys that are pretty nice and something I'd consider riding, not owning though lol. But the bike you chose looks pretty nice, have fun.

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well. This bike I have now, 92 VFR750. Bought it for 1,000. Fixed it up with a little money, brakes, brake lines, chain, and other routine shit because it was sitting for so long.

It had I think 44,000 miles on it. Within a little over a year it's already over 52k miles and going strong as hell. How are jap bikes unreliable?

And I'm alright with harleys, I just don't like when they are louder and more obnoxious than your average sport bike. They MUCH slower and yet they have to be all HEY LOOK AT ME exhaust. And I'm not just stereotyping but a lot of local harley riders ride drunk, they get a bad rap but so do sportbike riders, just in a different way.

There are a few new harleys that are pretty nice and something I'd consider riding, not owning though lol. But the bike you chose looks pretty nice, have fun.
Harley's are not even in the same class as sport bikes. Cruisers and touring bikes are not the same as high revving 160mph+ bikes that are race track inspired.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,280 Posts
Harley's are not even in the same class as sport bikes. Cruisers and touring bikes are not the same as high revving 160mph+ bikes that are race track inspired.
Unless you are talking about a Buell ;)

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
he asked if anyone rides HD, not give me your jackass opinion on one.

If you can't have a civil conversation about the topic, don't post.

·
Dude, where's my car?
2,278 Posts
I own 2 Harleys, a 2000 Softail Standard (FXST) and a 2004 Vrod (VRSCB).... personally I wouldn't ride anything else. I started on a Vulcan 500 and I love my Harleys, its all personal....

·
Registered
125 Posts
i apologize jay for my reaction with that guy on ur post im just so sock of people talkin shit about harleys wen its a totally different style

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
I own 2 Harleys, a 2000 Softail Standard (FXST) and a 2004 Vrod (VRSCB).... personally I wouldn't ride anything else. I started on a Vulcan 500 and I love my Harleys, its all personal....
u r ava says it all..... Vulcan is not a bad looking bike either:thumbsup:

i apologize jay for my reaction with that guy on ur post im just so sock of people talkin shit about harleys wen its a totally different style
Every Rider -- and his or her bike has to put up with stereotypes. Lets try to be more welcoming here...........Me most of all.;)

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
My Dad has alot of bikes and one of them is a V-Rod, it's a swet bike but not very comfortable, he got it becasue it was suppose to be the modern cruiser, he always wants the newest stuff, I think if he would hae gotten a more traditional harley he would have liked it more, because he loves them. I rode it, It's got alot of torque, looked really good too.

·
Torkless and Vtakin'
442 Posts
I ride a Buell...So technically...yes

·
VTAK very serious!
2,603 Posts
HD owner here I have an 08 Nightster I will post pics later.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
08 Nightster also. I bought it because i wanted a street bike that I wouldn't get into trouble on. The top speed is less than the last speeding ticket on my R1...

·
AIR HENDO
335 Posts
Did you ever get the Harley? I'm hoping to get one by next summer. And Harley's are loud for a reason... Because that sound is legendary. Love the Night Trains.

Attachments

·
Let's Go Flyers!
2,166 Posts
I'm thinking about picking up the 09 Rocker :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
my buddy has an 06 sportster low 1200c. he just has pipes on it but it sounds amazing. im really into the nightster if it was lower. im soon to be in the market for a triumph speed triple 1050. but harley's are classic.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts