Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not sure Vortech is working on a kit for the RSX yet, however the S2k kit was recently released and the GSR kit w/aftercooler should be available soon. (as well as the aftercooler add-on for the non-aftercooled version) I can vouch for the Vortech being a very good kit for the Civic Si, just look at my power numbers for example. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
So anyone heard any new news on this? I have heard rumors that Vortech may have a prototype out by the sema show. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I like turbochagers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
y bother with a S/C you better off with a turbo....i mean seriously its been shown time and time again turbos are better then S/C, even the LS1 v8 gus are shying away from S/C because Turbos are better.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I would like to know where it has been shown "time and time again" that turbos are better than superchargers. There is no basis what so ever for making that statement. If you said, a turbo can produce more horsepower than a supercharger because they can boost more, that would be one thing. But with our cars, unless you plan on changing all of the internals you will not be able to boost more than 6 or 7 psi anyway.... Yes, yes, the guy on the board running 14 psi, we should start a pool on how long it takes for his car to blows up, closest without out going over wins. ..In my opinion, If i am going to run the same amount of boost on a turbo and a supercharger, I will go with the superchager. If I plan on getting crazy with the boost, then I would go turbo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RSXracer200 said:
y bother with a S/C you better off with a turbo....i mean seriously its been shown time and time again turbos are better then S/C, even the LS1 v8 gus are shying away from S/C because Turbos are better.
I can vouch for this. My SC car ran like sh&t. I will never buy another.

Granted, some SC kits may work better, but I'm yet to find one.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
who told ya SC is much safer?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Both superchargers and turbos take power to make power. a supercharger usally consumes about 30% of the power potential it has to make while a turbo only consumes about 15%. Using the SAME amount of boost, turbo makes more power cuz there is no strain on belt drives, turbos just add a little back pressure to the exhaust. this is only true for newer ball bearing turbos though. older turbos are more like 25-30% inefficient.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
for a daily driven car I d go with a supercharger! supercharger is belt driven vice exhaust driven!!good idea that the wasted exhaust gases power that Turbo but if I am at a light or a quite a few lights dont you think that thing will heat up mighty fast causing it to lag!! Heat is turbos enemy!! supercharger with a free flowing exhaust will give you some nice power but then again here let me put my foot in my mouth!!the HP numbers will be higher on the Turbo. Also I dont want that boiling hot oil going back into my engine but besides the fact the supercharger will need some oil as well but at least the temp wont be as high as the turbos temp!!If I am wrong very sorry just posting my opinion here. But regardless I have a Vortech on my car and very pleased with it!!!I dont have a intercooler and running 10PSI. Will I need a intercooler probably not since I have a custom CAI to keep the air temp as low as possible.
this blower thing is going to turn into a peepee contest such hard decisions pros and cons!!!

One more thing I forgot to add boost does not kick in until a certain RPM in the centrifugal supercharger!! which means on take off at a race ex: my kicks in at 3K, so launch below 3K therefor you dont get any wheel spin! If you dont have a good set of tires after 3K you may get some wheel spin!!!

This RSX board is cool and very peaceful unlike other stup!d boards.

OOH geezz look I am a newbee!!how cute!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts