Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

any of you guys have the Phantom grip?

3K views 56 replies 16 participants last post by  K20A2 
#1 ·
sup

im thinking about getting the phatom grip

because the price difference with the quaife lsd and the others on the market.

well i was wondering if any of you guys have it and have any opinions about it

i heard it works just as well as the other ones but i dont kno 1st hand.

well thanks guys

#3 ·
yea i hav a phantom grip LSD and itz definetly NOT a waste of money when i didnt have it my car had a lot of torque steer, now when i gun my car it goez in almost a str8 line. it probably saved my life more than once...:thumbsup:

#5 ·
Type-S iz Best said:
yea i hav a phantom grip LSD and itz definetly NOT a waste of money when i didnt have it my car had a lot of torque steer, now when i gun my car it goez in almost a str8 line. it probably saved my life more than once...:thumbsup:

I'm with this guy.. I have a CN stage 2 and I like my phantom grip for the price it does the job...

#7 ·
the phantom grip uses clutchpacks that will wear through time...how much time? I don't know...I'd guess it would have to take years to wear it down... The Quaife has a lifetime warranty...even when raced...so that's something to think about too...

#8 ·
I have and use the Phantom Grip and I really like it. All that is does is use pressure against the spider gears. Those plates can wear down over time but it will take a long time. I think it is a great lower cost alternative to a normal LSD. It might not be the absolute best for higher end racing but it works well on the street and once a week racing with your friends.

#12 ·
I am going to call tomorrow because I have been told that it was not supposed to be sold that low. I also don't see what is wrong with what everyone else charges which is around what we do. Then a company like this makes the product look cheap when it isn't. I don't know the guys from mmr, but it is things like this were I lose respect for how they do business. If I was given the wrong info and we are allowed to sell them for what they do, I will be more than happy to lower my price a bit but I think it is a good product and doesn't deserved to be whored out.

#13 ·
K20A2 said:
I have and use the Phantom Grip and I really like it. All that is does is use pressure against the spider gears. Those plates can wear down over time but it will take a long time. I think it is a great lower cost alternative to a normal LSD. It might not be the absolute best for higher end racing but it works well on the street and once a week racing with your friends.
thanks .. exaclty what i wanted to know :) .. and i also agree with you about whoring out good products, but a lot of people out there will just go for the cheapest they can find which might or might not be good in some cases. i'll stick with clubrsx where everything else comes from to me :driving: :spam:

#20 ·
Before I installed the PG I had to pop the clutch acouple of times to get both tires to spin in the burnout box. Now everytime I hit the burnout box both tires spin first time. The car will still break the inside tire loose in a turn. It all depends on how tight your turning and how much throttle your giving. All in all it works. I think it would work real well on N/A cars because of the torque curve not coming in as violently as a turboed car.

Tim

#22 ·
redznet said:
The Phantom grip has a lifetime warranty also. I love mine, why spend the $$ for a quaife when the pg does the same thing? I got it on sale at mmrusa for $255
Well, mostly because it doesn't do the same thing.

#26 ·
even on a turbo'ed car?

so eventually it'll wear out and your gonna need new spider gears wont u? if i go quaife i wont have to worry about that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.