Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
O.G. '02 RSX-S
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been on this forum since 2001 and have seen a lot of folks getting rid of their RSX due to promotions, growing families, etc. However I've still got my RSX-S that I bought new with 6 miles on it (call it dedication). Some of the major things its been through in my 15 years of ownership:
-Was rear ended by a lady in an SUV cuasing over $5k in damages. The car being lowered saved its life since the frame rails were not impacted.
-Entire clutch system was replaced at 160k, turns out there was a tear in the input shaft seal.
-Timing chain, tensioner, guides, water pump was changed at 200k for peace of mind.

Items I need to address:
-Thermostat needs replacing
-Sunroof frame is developing rust undrneath the rubber surround.

This RSX-S truly is the best car I've ever owned :chuck:. It currently has 227k and still runs like a top. However, it does get to rest on weekends and while out on road trips as the 2016 Mustang GT get those duties now.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
I still have mine. Bought it September 11th, 2001, before the dealer had a chance to add on all the doodads that make them more profit. VIN is in the first 8k made.

It now has 96,000 miles. I replaced a lot of parts by way of modding, but nothing has ever needed replacement from failure or wear other than: Receiver for alarm/door locks (it died when a spark jumped from battery to cable when hooking the battery back up), battery, tires, damnable little light bulbs in HVAC control.

It's been over 9 years since I had to commute to work every day, so that does keep the mileage down.

The only thing it needs is better traction during VTEC in 1st through 3rd :vtec:

·
deployed somewhere
1,565 Posts
I'm on the flip side of this situation. Had the intentions of buying a type S after leaving basic training. The Air Force decided to send me to Japan instead. Needless to say, a Type S was not going to happen, a Type R over here was too expensive to buy outright at the time, so I did what any sensible person would do and bought a ~14 year old R32 GTR. Over the years I never did find myself in any situation to own a DC5. Still didn't keep me from visiting the forums daily, even though I never posted much.

·
The Ho Depot
2,559 Posts
Well ive only had my rsx for 5 years now. But ive been on the forums before I even had a license. White 06 rsx s.

Never thought I would actually own an rsx but I guess thats how it works out sometimes. Cant decide what vehicle is next. But most likely something awd or a truck.

·
Colts SuperBowl Crew
14,236 Posts
sup bitches. OG here. 209k miles, shitty paint, but still going strong. Also have an infiniti. That's getting old too.

I like not having car payments.

·
Super Moderator
430,556 Posts
Been on this forum since 2001 and have seen a lot of folks getting rid of their RSX due to promotions, growing families, etc. However I've still got my RSX-S that I bought new with 6 miles on it (call it dedication). Some of the major things its been through in my 15 years of ownership:
-Was rear ended by a lady in an SUV cuasing over $5k in damages. The car being lowered saved its life since the frame rails were not impacted.
-Entire clutch system was replaced at 160k, turns out there was a tear in the input shaft seal.
-Timing chain, tensioner, guides, water pump was changed at 200k for peace of mind.

Items I need to address:
-Thermostat needs replacing
-Sunroof frame is developing rust undrneath the rubber surround.

This RSX-S truly is the best car I've ever owned :chuck:. It currently has 227k and still runs like a top. However, it does get to rest on weekends and while out on road trips as the 2016 Mustang GT get those duties now.
hey it's you! I think we met once, you're the guy that said he took home a washing machine or dryer in the rsx right?

the rsx trunk is def amazing, you can carry so much shit in it. I still have my 03 Eternal Blue base model and it's been 13 years or so now.

·
Been Around for a while
1,022 Posts
Old Timer here as well. I bought my RSX in 07, it was a lease return,I think 28K miles at the time.
Now 147. Been sitting for the last 3.5 years, recently got it back on the road and now doing some more mods :)

This is a great car all the way around. I have a fully loaded '12 Mini JCW which I thought my daughter (17) would be all over, but she would rather drive the RSX! Ugh.

Paint is pretty bad and rims are beat up, but I use that as a deterrent, try to leave it dirty most of the time also

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Still have mine, bought it in 2008 with about 26000 miles , just turned 160 000 and engine and transmission are still flawless . i don't plan selling it since its a great daily driver . still original clutch :D

·
Spicy Raccoon
28,537 Posts
I still own an RSX. Not the first one I bought brand new, that one was totaled in 2011 by some dipstick with no insurance slamming into me.

The RSX I own was given to me by a former member of the forums. I don't drive it much at all.

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Shit.... Just realized I'm going 12 years with my RSX. Bought my 02 in 06. Can't remember the mileage, but still got it and will continue to own it forever.

Almost gave up when the K20A2 went in 15. So glad I decided to swap a K24 and keep the S/C. It's been a dream since I was 16 years old and even with kids, I still throw them in the RSX to take them to school lol... Went to car meets years back with car seats in the back.

·
Colts SuperBowl Crew
14,236 Posts
I still own an RSX. Not the first one I bought brand new, that one was totaled in 2011 by some dipstick with no insurance slamming into me.

The RSX I own was given to me by a former member of the forums. I don't drive it much at all.
:wavey:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts