Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
1,561 Posts
isn't that just the best? but also because you could, there really no "sick" days lol.
There are some downsides like sick days and I do work more because it is easy to get stuck in the office.

However, I really enjoy the commute :thumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bought my 05 Type S brand new in 2005, it's got 120,000 miles now. Engine is as strong as the day it was broken in. Motor mounts were replaced with Hasport 60a's. Clutch and rear main seal were done around 70,000. 2nd gear and 3rd gear grind/notch used to occur quite often until I changed the transmission fluid to GM fluid and now it never grinds. Rear main seal is still a pos and leaks but its not that big of a deal. Clear coat on this car is typical 00's Honda quality i.e. peeling everywhere.
Suspension squeaks and groans, but I think that's expected for a 13 yo stock suspension, I will be replacing it with A-Spec soon.
Overall a fun daily driver and I have no plans to get rid of it. My wife has a 2018 Camry(200 hp 8-speed DSG that gets 40mpg!!) so we just use that for the long distance drives, and the weekend driving.

·
RSXDriver thrice removed
9,990 Posts
I still check in on the odd occasion. What a sad state the forum is in.

Let's see since the RSX(sold after a drunk driver smashed into it while parked), been through these between wife and myself:
03 Mazda6 V6
00 Celica GT
03 Protege5
10 GTI Autobahn
09 RAV4 V6 Limited
07 Legacy GT Spec B
15 Forte5 SX
18 Tiguan SEL

and currently waiting for the new Golf R to drop

·
Skeet Skeet...
2,394 Posts
I still, have my 06 rsx base, it looks like complete shit. I got rear-ended twice, I backed into a pole once, went through 3 major hail storms, got paintballed while I parked it on the street, it has been KEYED at-least 3 different times, it literally has a dent or scratch on EVERY panel, the PAINT is starting to FADE, it has a water leak that is ingressing into the passenger side cabin floorboard (when it rains, it smells like mold).

I do all the maintenance and it runs great tho...

its kinda sad, everyone i once knew has moved on and gotten better jobs and they all have families and have kids now and they can afford to buy a house and shit, here i am doing the same shit i have always been doing.

(it has also been broken into 2 times...)

I forgot to mention I got this car in high school BRAND new with 6 mile on it.
I drove it while in university, I graduated (expected to get a decent job around 2010).
I gave the RSX to my sister, she drove it in high school and a few years in college.
I FAILED in life, had to move in with my parents, sold my other car and now drive this beast again.
The car now has 130K miles on it and it still runs great.

I know guys who graduated university with the same degree I had, they are making 75-120K a year, i am working at my family owned business making only 30K a year...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought my '03 SSM with 22k on the odo.

Joined this forum in '07 (forgot password) and still have my RSX-S.

Its coming up on 210k. Needs chains and guides done now. It is has been amaizingly reliable and i will repair and drive it til the wheels fall off.

(Was making around 35k-40k when I joined. Im closer to 100k now,but still have no use for a newer vehicle as a DD)

·
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)
1,744 Posts
I’m not an OG, but I’ve been on the forum since 2006 (lost password). Bought my 02 in 2007 with 32k. It now has 159k on it.

I did the usual modifications, intake, header, exhaust, lowering kit, wheels, gutted etc. but in the end, I just resorted going back to stock and gave it a facelift. I’m more about comfort now and enjoying my drive without my ears bleeding and my back broken.

The car is in great mechanical shape but cosmetically the car is in rough shape. Especially being blac, you notice everything.

I now own a ‘15 Cruze which I bought brand new with 34 miles on it but til this day I still daily the RSX. I don’t see myself getting rid of it. I enjoy driving it and definitely enjoy the compliments.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
hey guys , i haven't made a new thread in years ...and i don't see that option anymore, is there something that i'm missing here? i looked everywhere.
If you are on the forum in a sub section, but don't have a thread open, the New Thread button appears in its normal place below the menu bar and above the list of threads.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts