Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at a set of stage 1 cams for my dd, but if heard such mixed reviews on this topic... i keep reading good things from ep3 owners using these cams, but most type s owners say to avoid skunk2 at all cost... so my question is, has anybody used these cams for their base rsx, and were they any good? All help is appreciated....

·
#selfie
83,461 Posts
im looking at a set of stage 1 cams for my dd, but if heard such mixed reviews on this topic... i keep reading good things from ep3 owners using these cams, but most type s owners say to avoid skunk2 at all cost... so my question is, has anybody used these cams for their base rsx, and were they any good? All help is appreciated....
I wouldn't go with skunk 2 cams due to all the horror stories posted.

Brian crower makes and A3 cam, I'd look into them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah youre probably right... seems like its gonna be a roll of the dice with my my motor at stake :noes: i know the BC cams are really good but they only make stage 2 i think... looks like i should start saving for the valvetrain upgrade too.

·
Boots to Asses
6,403 Posts
there are no stories on the stage ones. i asked many ppl running the stage 2s with the three versions and there are no problems. The problem with the cams is not the cam itself its the install on the TCT and the way the AMAX fast ramp profile is too agressive on the Valvetrain but can be altered with low cam angles part throttle.

I have skunk2 "Stage one" not installed yet but did my research before i purchased it.

I wouldn't go with skunk 2 cams due to all the horror stories posted.

Brian crower makes and A3 cam, I'd look into them.
all the horror stories happened with other cams not just skunk2. Im not sticking up for skunk2 by any means but you have to know what you are doing and research before assumptions are made. As stated before to get rid of the chain slack from not just skunk2 cams but aftermarket cams in general is preload the TCT.

Specs wise though, brian crower is not that agresive compared to S2 but high lift doesnt mean better HP for TS setup. With it being a base model head too also limits numbers. If i were him i would get z1 cams with that rocker conversion , will probably make more hp than any other aftermarket k20a3 cam and cheaper.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope i bought a type s instead lol.. I think that these cams are fine aslong as they are installed and tuned by someone reputable though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts