Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should i worry about the paint melting? I have some black paint from my blackout. Im planning to paint my intake manifold cover and dipstick black. Would there be any problem with the paint melting and leaking into the engine?

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
You mean just the handle of the dipstick right? I'd tape off the lower portion that has the o-rings, but other than that you should be ok.

·
Certified Increadible
2,459 Posts
make sure you clean it with a degreaser real good first, the first time i tried to paint it, there was a spot with grease or oil on it, and the paint just rolled off...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. and im planning to paint just the handle. So the krylon fusion black paint I used on my headlight wouldnt able to withstand the heat from the engine? I recently purchase the dupont brake caliper kit, I guess I will use that if I have some left over from that DIY. Any suggestion on the clear coat?

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
just get the JDM dipstick...it is black and can be had for around $10

·
WWJDMD?
1,477 Posts
Omigod that looks so much better than stock!!!

Really, I rather like the orange - easier to find in the dark.

How many HP does it add?!
Put some neon additive to the oil helps u see the oil in the dark too. :p

The horsepower depends on the kind of paint you use. If you use the caliper paint, you will definitely see an increase in stopping power. :rotfl:

·
7,611 Posts
Put some neon additive to the oil helps u see the oil in the dark too. :p

The horsepower depends on the kind of paint you use. If you use the caliper paint, you will definitely see an increase in stopping power. :rotfl:
Nah, once I find my dipstick in the dark I can feel the moisture of the oil with my fingers....or just move the dipstick out into the light.

So if I use high temp wrinkle paint like the type used for high horsepower valve covers will I see commensurate increase in acceleration?!

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
Omigod that looks so much better than stock!!!

Really, I rather like the orange - easier to find in the dark.

How many HP does it add?!
:rolleyes:

how much HP does your tinted hatch add? or your skunk2 shift knob? or that armrest of yours?

not everything that people choose to do to their car is for HP

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
what?! i can add hp with a black dipstick? and only $10? where can i find a jdm one. i was also wondering about painting the dipstick with regular black spray paint, but i guess it's better to use high temp paint. so, nobody answered. how much hp does it add?

·
7,611 Posts
:rolleyes:

how much HP does your tinted hatch add? or your skunk2 shift knob? or that armrest of yours?

not everything that people choose to do to their car is for HP
Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone......just got carried away. Boring day at work = a little craziness on my part.

But those things you mentioned that I have added at least have a function.....since you brought them up....

Unlike my painted red As.....lol.

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone......just got carried away. Boring day at work = a little craziness on my part.

But those things you mentioned that I have added at least have a function.....since you brought them up....

Unlike my painted red As.....lol.
no offense taken :bow:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts