Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2002 I became a proud owner of a RSX-S. Although my RSX now has 186k miles on its odometer, she still looks good and is running strong. In her present state she is modified with an aftercooled supercharger running on E85. I still feed her a steady diet of smoked American muscle cars. In the last few years I've noticed the decline in other RXSs being driven on the road. I guess that's bound to happen when it's been 12 years since a new one has rolled off a dealers lot. Anyway, let's have a show of hands of who still have their RSX.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Got my 03 Type S in 2006. Has 120k on it. AEM intake, brake upgrades, lowered 1 1/4, excedy stage 2 clutch, short shift. basically a reliable fun car. I've noticed the same here mid-Illinois. There were 5-6 around when I got mine. Last one I saw was a beat to shit 06 that was still running at least.

·
Curious Gooner
3,710 Posts
Got my 06 Type S in 2012. Sitting at 165k. CAI, Reflash, Coilovers, Retro's. I see an RSX almost every other day, but modified ones are like once every 4 days.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Last weekend I drove the RSX to a local car meet. I’m a car enthusiast but I hate to say for the first time after looking at a dozen late 60s - early 80s muscle cars I started to get bored - “been there, done that”. So I popped the hood on the old RSX to show off the engine mods and also demonstrated on the laptop the programming capabilities of the ECU. I think a few onlookers were dazzled by the potential hp that a well built 4 cylinder engine can generate with today's technology. Hopefully few of them will want to crossover to the tuner side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts