Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kawi just raised there price to 3999 with out FI on the ninja 250r. Then they dont have the kawi green anymore even though i dont plan on getting that color. I was hoping they would come out with white as a choice but it doesnt look like they are doing anything new. Plus on top of that it seems hard just to buy one with everyone waiting in line. Most likely i wont get a bike till next year being that i dont want the older 250 since they look like crap and dont really feel comfortable going in anything bigger than a 250. Any one heard of rumors about any yzf,gixxer,cbr 250? I know in canada they got the 125cc and those sold in less than 2 months.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
There was a rumor circulating about Yamaha releasing a 250. I wouldn't blame any company if they did, considering the sales of the 08 250.

I honestly don't plan on getting rid of mine, but on kawiforums.com there are several people who have expressed that they are moving up next season... so you'll be able to get the 08 used.

BTW: the MSRP means nothing with these bikes. The average OTD price for the 08 250 was around 4300. I paid 4447 OTD for mine in March... The only dealer I can think of that doesn't have a ridiculous mark-up is Advance Kawasaki in SoCal.

·
Name's Vic
14,753 Posts
Yamaha, Honda, Aprilia all 3 of these already have 250 sportbikes in europe. They'll never fly here. Ok well heres the 2 125s, but i know they also make 250cc or at least used to
Yamaha 125

Honda

Reactions: anima

·
Name's Vic
14,753 Posts
Oh hell yea id buy one, heres aprilia.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
exactly... most of the world market is 250cc and under... hopefully they catch on though and release some competition for Kawi here in the US.. if not, Kawi will keep dominating the US market.

·
N54>K20
1,009 Posts
I was going to start off with the CBR600RR but now that I think about it more a 250cc bike would probably be a better idea for me then upgrade to something later.

I wish Honda offered something also around 250cc's but right now all we got is Kawasaki 250R. I'm thinking about putting in a order for a 09 next month. What do you guys think?

·
N54>K20
1,009 Posts
yeah, the seat height is only about 30"

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Do you guys think a short person(me) would be able to ride a 250? (5'5 here).

you'll be fine... i can flat foot and have to slightly bend my knees to do so... and i'm only 5'10". You'll probably flat foot.

·
Dr. CaliAtenza ;)
8,100 Posts
yamaha has this in india:

ive heard that they also have a 250cc in teh works too...

·
N54>K20
1,009 Posts
^wow thats pretty nice

·
Dr. CaliAtenza ;)
8,100 Posts

·
Name's Vic
14,753 Posts
im 5'7/8 and i can pretty much flatfoot my f4i. Buy some real boots, even if there just work boots/icon boots. The added height helps, with my sidis and sneakers i cant flatfoot for my life.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
banana seats look ugly imo.
true but the rest of the styling is nice and when you are probably getting 80mpg, I wouldn't complain.

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do you guys think a short person(me) would be able to ride a 250? (5'5 here).
im only 5'3" :D thats why i dont wanna start on anything else besides a 250

1 - 20 of 36 Posts