Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
RSX Offroad Crew
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any NEW cars currently in production, similar to the RSX, that you like or would consider buying in the future?

It seems to be that the best sport compact days are over, now that most cars seem ugly as hell or they're priced WAY out of range. In the mid-90's and early 2000's we had a lot of moddable, affordable, fun-to-drive cars like the Integra GSR & ITR, good-looking Civics with cable throttle, RSX-S, Prelude, 240SX, WRX, and hell, even the Celica and some VW's weren't that bad. Nowadays it seems like there's not as many options out there, and the ones that are mostly lack any kind of "sexy" factor.

So just wondering what people think... are there any NEW cars out there that you'd replace your RSX with, that can be found for a similar price?

·
140 lb-ft of fury
1,553 Posts
That's a pretty good question. Cars today are pretty bloated and require at least all wheel drive or forced induction to sell.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
If it had to be new I'd hold out for the FT-86..even if it doesn't end up being RWD or AWD adn sub 200 HP I'd consider it. If that never pans out...guess I might end up with a stupid tC :thumbsdow

All this assuming of course I can't afford a IS300 :D

·
RSX Offroad Crew
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it had to be new I'd hold out for the FT-86..even if it doesn't end up being RWD or AWD adn sub 200 HP I'd consider it. If that never pans out...guess I might end up with a stupid tC :thumbsdow

All this assuming of course I can't afford a IS300 :D
Yeahs the FT86 might be the best thing worth looking at... the 200HP RWD sounds hot, and I bet they'd eventually have another trim with more HP. 'Bout damn time Toyota did something about their current US lineup, they don't have a single goddam car I'd ever want to drive right now.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Scion, toyota same shit. Lookin forward to it tho. They've increased and decreased price, engine size, performance numbers so many times. Ill wait a year or so to see how it is and what issues are discovered.

Car costs more than I make a year :eek:

·
RSX Offroad Crew
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im still waiting for the tsx coupe!!:rotfl:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Damn Acura being ghey... I'm a die-hard, but since 2005 they've done nothing but go downhill to me. Announcing that they're killing the RSX... then not making the TSX sporty at all... then ruining the only good car left (the TL) with fugly styling... c'mon guys.

·
Vietnamese Singer
28,049 Posts
not diggin a lot of the new (2010+) cars.. new STI seems alright, not feelin the evo x at all. mazdaspeed 3 wagon i'd give it a second look. besides that the only new production cars i want are ones i can't really afford lol, mostly high end german sedans (550i, 335i, m3, m5, rs4, c63 amg, etc)

·
RSX Offroad Crew
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm digging the Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Better looking than the G37 IMO and the V6 sounds nice. Honda/Acura has been getting weak with design and performance. The FT-86 is refreshing addition from Toyota that I hope sells well and gets Honda to produce something nice in the future.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
unfortunately Genesis coupe is the only thing that fits the description.

and how the hell is 200hp for the ft-86 "cool" "hot" or in anyway desirable? 200hp was the standard for that segment of car 20 years ago.

·
Banned
12,319 Posts
Are there any NEW cars currently in production, similar to the RSX, that you like or would consider buying in the future?

It seems to be that the best sport compact days are over, now that most cars seem ugly as hell or they're priced WAY out of range. In the mid-90's and early 2000's we had a lot of moddable, affordable, fun-to-drive cars like the Integra GSR & ITR, good-looking Civics with cable throttle, RSX-S, Prelude, 240SX, WRX, and hell, even the Celica and some VW's weren't that bad. Nowadays it seems like there's not as many options out there, and the ones that are mostly lack any kind of "sexy" factor.

So just wondering what people think... are there any NEW cars out there that you'd replace your RSX with, that can be found for a similar price?
You mention mid 90's cars and then go on about fail pieces of shit like vw, honda's and celica? SERIOUSLY?

:face:

How about supras, rx7's, 300zx, 3000gt, etc??

If you're going to dream about the "good ol days" don't fuck it all up by mentioning gay front wheel drive econofailboxes.:coffee:

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
GSR's, Hatches, and other "front wheel drive econofailboxes" were alot more obtainable for the average guy during the 90's. Supras, RX-7's etc. weren't exactly in the price range for alot of teenagers and early 20's unless they had a nice job...

·
Banned
12,319 Posts
You going to dream about a civic hatch? I feel sorry for you.
If you're going to dream about cars you can't have now, why not dream of cars you couldn't have then?

I guess we should all just dream of making 20k/year and driving honda accords 10 years from now, cause "its more obtainable".

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Not at all man. I mean hell I'm 20 (turning 21) and make about 23k a year. I understand its not the most but I understand I'm better off than most. Put me back in the 90's making the same amount and there is no way in hell I'd be driving around a supra, or rx7. Unless I got a hell of a deal on one I'd be in an accord, hatch/coupe civic, teggy, prelude, celica. Idk what the price tag on 240's or 300's but I'd say its still more than any of the above used.

Either way lets end this useless back then talk and get on to if anything new is interesting...

2011 or is it 2010 IS350 Is awd :D (or is it the 300??)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts