Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own Base Auto with I/H/E. I have saved up $1000 and wondering what to invest into next.

I was thinkin of nitrous or FI or radar detector but which one (V1 or 8500 passport). There are rims (looking for ones with polish lip), Front lips, sideskirts, spoiler, HID, and others I don't know of yet.

So many options but don't which one to invest in first. Any suggestions would be helpful thanks.

tuan

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
well for 1000 dollars I would get Hondata which is 600...and then you can also get an 8500 which is probably about 270 and still have 130 left over. Rims and tires would probably cost you more than 1000 dollars unless you wanted some really cheap ones that would slow you down more than do anything for you

·
Registered
214 Posts
SuperSlowRsx said:
I own Base Auto with I/H/E. I have saved up $1000 and wondering what to invest into next.

I was thinkin of nitrous or FI or radar detector but which one (V1 or 8500 passport). There are rims (looking for ones with polish lip), Front lips, sideskirts, spoiler, HID, and others I don't know of yet.

So many options but don't which one to invest in first. Any suggestions would be helpful thanks.

tuan
just my opinion from a newbie standpoint, if you havnt tweaked your suspension Id do that. I wouldnt skimp either, cheap coilovers or springs can really jack up your suspension..cause damage etc.

other than that, ya get the ecu upgrade from hondata. that looks to be a very worth while investment and one of the biggest bangs for the buck.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I own the Passport 8500 and it is rated much better than the V1. Also, the Passport has laser detection which the V1 lacks. Not only that, but the V1 is way to expensive for what you get. Also, the best mod for your money would be the nitrous considering the Auto RSX does need a nice kick. Good luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Spent198 said:
I own the Passport 8500 and it is rated much better than the V1. Also, the Passport has laser detection which the V1 lacks. Not only that, but the V1 is way to expensive for what you get. Also, the best mod for your money would be the nitrous considering the Auto RSX does need a nice kick. Good luck!
whoa there, v1 is definetly beter, if u want adequte pertection go wit the passport , if u want the best go with the v1. WTF v1 doest have laser detection?theres little that the v1 doest have.

"Valentine One is the only detector with two radar antennas -- one front and one rear -- to scan all around your car and precisely locate each radar threat. "

"Ordinary Detectors have a single antenna facing forward: to cover beside and behind your car, they hope radar will take a lucky bounce into the front opening."

"Valentine One uses front and rear antennas reporting to an onboard computer to analyze and precisely locate every radar threat, either by direct reception from one antenna or triangulation between both antennas."

·
female rsx driver ;-)
4,464 Posts
superslowrsx - i have an auto base ... just curious to what header you have (how much, where'd you get it, and do you think it's worth it (i.e have you noticed a difference)? thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your suggestions

melo: i have DC ceramic header (shorty) and i think it cost around $300 or less. I got mine at an performance shop and feel a lil gain not much. If your goin force induction, you don't need a header. If not, try race header cause i heard they give more gains and cost a lil more than shorty headers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts