Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if edo or itsstockofficer or anyone for that matter had gotten a chance to get a couple of dyno runs w/ each header. I'm getting ready to purchase a header, but I want to wait and see a fair comparison between the two before I make my decision.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on guys, let's try and get this JR vs. Comptech settled with some real numbers. We all know the Comptech is gonna make a little more, but is it worth the extra $375-$400?

I know some of you guys that have these headers have to live in the same town, so why not meet up and swap headers and make a few pulls on the dyno? Do it in the name of research for your fellow rsx'ers:)

PS I have searched through most of the JR/Comptech threads and the lone question that is unanswered is this one. So don't tell me to do a search;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Edo dyno'd the two headers in that thread, page 3/4.
Comptech showed about 30hp midrange over JR,
but only 2hp at peak....

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
edo said:
I have 2 other members who have offered up their JR race header. I'll see if I can get some direct comparison data soon.

-Ron
Please,please,please try since you're probably the only one on this board that anybody would let 'borrow' their header. Thanks for replying Ron:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Rossta said:
Edo dyno'd the two headers in that thread, page 3/4.
Comptech showed about 30hp midrange over JR,
but only 2hp at peak....
The 30hp gain in the mid rpm range was due to hondata. One person had hondata and the other didnt. That is not due to the header.

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
edo said:
I have 2 other members who have offered up their JR race header. I'll see if I can get some direct comparison data soon.

-Ron
As soon as my jackson racing header arrives, ill let Edo know and well do a test!

peace out
HARDCORE mikey

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
just checked my order status on summit. I'll be getting it sometime next week! Im excited!

peace out
HARDCORE mikey

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ArCbLuRsXtYpEs said:
just checked my order status on summit. I'll be getting it sometime next week! Im excited!

peace out
HARDCORE mikey
Sweeeeet! Keep us updated!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
ArCbLuRsXtYpEs, so you are the one that has the back orderd header before me... lol =)

eric

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
im pissed. They extended the back-order date to 6-28, so i emailed them to make sure. Otherwise, i might just go with comptech

peace out
HARDCORE mikey

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Mine just got pushed back to the 28th as well.. =(

eric

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
I tried seeing if they could give me some sort of discount because of the push back, but NOOOOO they cant because its not their fault, which i could understand!

peace out
HARDCORE mikey

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Its painfull... My Carsound can will be here Monday, and it will be so lonely with out a header to be welded to.... very =(

·
8" member
3,542 Posts
hey fella's, just to let u know, this is what i did. when i ordered from summit, it WAS on backorder, but i got 2 day shipping. it ended up that they finally made a call to jackson racing and they had one in stock. they were going to do a drop ship directly from jackson racing, but they couldnt get ahold of me to ok it. in a nutshell, jackson racing may have one in stock, its just that wherever u order it from may nto be ordering until a certain day. so... try requesting the 2 day shipping and u might have luck. i had mine about a week and a half after i ordered. but...who knows

1 - 20 of 20 Posts