Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
LeftyLoosey-RightyTighty
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pics for Thill this monday.

Back to the track after a long long lay off.

Bottom mount of my damper cracked.
before

after

·
LeftyLoosey-RightyTighty
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweeeeet. my buddy is going to thunder hill this monday. You going to be there?
There gonna be one? I thought it was a car event not for bikes. We might be able to squeeze in at Infineon since its a Kawi sponsored event. After the AMA this weekend.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
Good stuff, but why did your damper mount crack?

I was at Beaverun a few weeks ago, next week I'm going to Poconos FUSA. Bringing the RC and the SV.

Don't mind my piss poor form. First day of the season.

·
LeftyLoosey-RightyTighty
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good stuff, but why did your damper mount crack?

I was at Beaverun a few weeks ago, next week I'm going to Poconos FUSA. Bringing the RC and the SV.

Don't mind my piss poor form. First day of the season.

Love that SV.

I really have no idea why it cracked. I was on full stiffness at that time. I was gonna do 2 sessions first before going to my suspension guy and adjusting my suspension.

I was twitchy all day without my damper.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
good pix.

hey Jon, how long have you been riding for?

Bought my f4i used in Dec of 2003. Put on a slew of miles in 04, did my first track day in the summer on my RC, crashed, didnt do another one until 05, and now here I am. Probably did about 15 or so track days total. they get expensive :(

Going to the Penguin school in August to get my CCS license, and doing my first race right after. School is on a Fri, racing on a Sat.

·
LeftyLoosey-RightyTighty
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bought my f4i used in Dec of 2003. Put on a slew of miles in 04, did my first track day in the summer on my RC, crashed, didnt do another one until 05, and now here I am. Probably did about 15 or so track days total. they get expensive :(

Going to the Penguin school in August to get my CCS license, and doing my first race right after. School is on a Fri, racing on a Sat.
LOL! Yup, thats why I stopped going. trackdays rape your pocket.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
btw, just thought i'd mention that at that day at beaverun, there was a chick in her early-mid 20s on your exact bike (blue zx6r) who was FLYING in my group. jp182 can vouch for this. She passed me, I saw pink wheels and thought to myself, 'oh hell no' and tried to chase her down.

No luck. She wasted me and most of the people in my group (intermediate).

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
LOL! Yup, thats why I stopped going. trackdays rape your pocket.
Did you find yourself looking at street riding differently though?

I did, but I dont think jp182 did. I know he takes less chances now, but me personally, im just flat out scared of the streets.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts