Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kpro hondata + ZEX dry kit im thinking rite now?????
to run this setup i need 550cc injector and thats all????
i heard kpro have Nitrous setup .. but kpro control only time when i use NOS ..??? or i have to change the setting everytime i go to track ??? normal driving i dont need NOS setup on the car... ???? How????? it work ???
hondata recommend Dry kit for kpro setup .. how abaout daily drinving??? kpro know when i use Nitrous ?? cause i dont want my car to run Rich when normal drinving........... Give me some IDEA???????

·
Registered
135 Posts
WarmPepsi said:
english, and sentance structure.

thanks.
I agree, but I think I know what your asking.. Here is a previous conversation between WarmPepsi and myself (you could have found it on your own with the old search button)

ecoleman said:
A few questions along the lines of the K-pro and Nitrous.. (lets assume dry kit)

You would basically be running the hondata #4 program before spraying, then you can retard timing and dump fuel when spraying?

I noticed you can trigger the nitrous on throttle position, rpm, and speed.. SO you could not spray in first if wanted?

Lets say you want to turn the nitrous off, you obviously close the bottle, but do you have to hook your lap top back up and put in the hondata 4 program so you don't run rich as hell at WOT...
granted it would only be a couple seconds, but you still have to lug your lap top around..

Would this take spraying on the fly out.. since you need to load a different program.. instead of just arming the switch and opening the bottle (in a wet kit set-up)??

Or could you hook some type of program switch button up to k-pro or would the lap top always be needed??
WarmPepsi said:
yes,

yes,

the nitrous is still enabled with a switch, when the switch isn't on, you can't spray.

ecoleman said:
cool,
cool,

yeah I understand that.. but when the switch is off, the ecu is still running on the same rules as it had under nitrous.. thus when you hit a certain rpm, at a certain speed, at cartain throttle, bang, your running rich as hell, the ecu doesn't 'know' you not spraying anything...

or does the ecu 'know' and run a different program??

WarmPepsi said:
no, as i understand the program, it runs the #4, or whatever setting you have all the time..... but has an option to swap to another map when nitrous is engaged.

thats how i understand it from their info.

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
snowrsx75 said:
........... Give me some IDEA???????
Chris has actually setup a thread where he's trying to answer alot of question here on the board. He actually went to a class that Hondata put on about the K-pro. Check it out K-pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts