Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew my engine on N2O!

Can you say this? or personally know someone who did? Everyone always says, 'dude, your gonna blow your engine' - but I have only heard two stories about anything blowing up

1. the maxima who left his heater on
2. the shop that blew a rsx with a 70 dry shot, right?

If anyone has a true story, regardless of what type of car it is, please share it with us and include all of the details and most importantly, why it happened.

Watch how many views there will be and how few stories there will be

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that was half the fun/point :smilemad:

everyone talks so much crap, but it never really happens - congrats to F&F for spreading more false truths

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Yes, someone from here has. Months ago I checked into a thread where the guy blew his shit on a 75 dry shot. I cant rember who he was though? He was well known back then but havent seen him around for a bit. It only took him a week or so to do that.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sounds like the same thing that whatever company it was did. Will someone refresh my memory of which one it was?

But even if it was a seperate incident, the key word was dry and we know that is user error

anyone else?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Lol, sorry mastap but thats impossible especailly after a week or so. He wouldn't be able to run this system on an RSX because it does not have a fuel return line so the additional fuel you need will not be injectected and will blow your car. The only system you can run on our cars is a wet kit besides venosm new basic system which is a dry one with a chip that controls the fuel. Maybe he was just talking shit to get attention.

JDKindle my kit got here yesterday but my car is still in the body shop.

Also I persoanlly dont think you should be worried about spraying it, it is far more reliable than any turbo kit or supercharger. Nitrous is a cold liquid which is burned through combustion and thrown out the exhaust, thats it. If used properly it would not damge your engine any faster than just stepping on it, besides our cars are brand new which hold up better than a car with 50,000 miles. People might blow because they spray to much nitrous. But if done properly you can rag the fuck out of your car up and down the street that it wont blow. its just like stepping on it with a super cold air intake.

R

·
0 Posts
hey jdkindle,

when is your kit gonna arrive? did you get direct port or single fogger? how much do you think you will run your jetting at? also, what made you decide to go with NX? :thumbsup:

I have heard a story about a guy that blew his supra up near highland mall a couple of years ago. The guy who told me the story did know much about it except that he said that he forgot to turn off his bottle heater:shakehea: ...imagine that coming out of the mall and finding firefighters extinguishing what is left of your $40K car...:firemad:

but seriously don't let these horror stories discourage you cuz most are a result of driver error...and most are really just :spam: to scare you into thinking that people with n20 have big balls...

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am going to run a 50 shot fogger - I just didn't want to get NOS because of the name and I really wanted to get the Venom, but don't want to wait. I was able to get the kit for a good price too and people already have experience with it on our car.

AINT SKEERED

·
New car again...
5,092 Posts
Hey JD, I working with Joe on those prices for the AEM pulleys. I'll let you know when I hear back from him...:D

1 - 20 of 65 Posts