Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
DDS
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My side skirts and front spoiler are black, i was thinking about painting them, has anybody painted theirs?

·
goodbye mugen
2,175 Posts
i've heard a lot of ppl have done that to make it match nicely. my car's black so i dont really need to waste the money :)

·
DDS
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah mine is silver so it looks stupid, they should of just painted them, anybody done it? cost?

9,696 Posts
Yep, I did it. The guy did a really good job. It was about $350. Yeah, I'm sure you could shop around and get a better price. It's still better than buying the Type-S ones for over $400.

Oh, by the way, I got it done about 5 months ago and it still looks perfect. The guy who did it gave me touch-up paint just incase. Believe me, it makes the car look much better.

9,696 Posts
Yeah, if he can find some used ones. New ones from the dealer come in at around $420. So, I saved $70 by just painting mine.

·
Registered
460 Posts
you can get the S side skirts and front lip on ebay for like $170 total. I got all three of mine there for $185 shipped.

·
Registered
195 Posts
painting costs alot for me...i got quotes from like $250 to $400 at the highest from some shop from where i live,and i dont have the patience to paint it myself....i have a base white,so no type-s' come in that color...so i got the pearl white sides/front free from a pw type-s owner becuz he got a bodykit,matches pretty good ...anyone base who want the sides,ask a type-s owner who has a bodykit

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Where are you located?

I have stock type s sides and chin in satin silver for sale if you're in southern california. Pick up only $100.

·
DDS
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i live in fort smith arkansas, long ass drive from you, how much would shipping cost do you know?
How much did it cost to get your body kit shipped?

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
they're just snap on pieces...i can show you or you can do a search there should be directions on the forums somewhere...let me know

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
who said you have to race?

you can get a nice kit and exhaust and no one will know whether you have a type s or base if they don't look at your front brake disc...

besides it's for a cleaner look not a type s wannabe

·
Registered
195 Posts
:iamwiths:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts