Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just wondering has anyone here bought a 2010+ Korean car before?

My girlfriend is in the market and she wants to get a Hyundai. I have no experience with the cars reliability before. In the past 5 years I did get two different Hyundai vehicles as a rental. They were decent, maybe almost as nice as a mazda but not near a honda or toyota in comfort and interior material. Performance wise cant say because all cars are different and she ain't looking for performance.

So any reviews about the drivetrain, tranny, electric, etc would be nice. I don't want her to be down the drain of $24k+ on something that wont last like a honda and toyota

Thanks

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,187 Posts
This old dude at my church (like definitely in his upper 70's or more) has a Sonata and raves about it. Used to be a car guy and loves that 2.0T. That's all I got.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My wife has a 2014 Santa Fe. Almost 30k miles into it, and so far so good. Bought the extended warranty, so 7 years, 100k miles bumper to bumper. It's got a lot of bells and whistles, and looks nice too. We didn't get the turbo version, but I don't have any complaints about the power for what it is.

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
I've not met many people that don't love their Hyundai vehicles - the few that do bought them for the wrong reasons (kind of like people who buy a full size truck and bitch about gas milage or buy an RSX and bitch about torque).

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,187 Posts
I can't haz torque and rsx too? You just called out like a quarter of the people on here, lol
My coworker went from RSX-S to Hyundai Genesis and called it the big brother to the RSX. I don't think I'd say that but he does like his new ride. And then he put a hitch on it :thumbsdow

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't haz torque and rsx too? You just called out like a quarter of the people on here, lol
My coworker went from RSX-S to Hyundai Genesis and called it the big brother to the RSX. I don't think I'd say that but he does like his new ride. And then he put a hitch on it :thumbsdow
A hitch is better on a Genesis rather than a rsx lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts