Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just wanted advice about the DC5parts Push start button. I have a 02 RSX type S and curious if anyone else has bought and installed on theirs? Is it simply plug and play or do I need to alter things? Is it worth the $360?
Thanks for any info and advice

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don’t but it from that guy. He’s a scam.
Wait why? I know his prices are a bit ridiculous (especially the pedals which you can buy from kseries parts for $90 he’s got them for $180 lmao) but what makes him a scam?

·
WILDCARD!
1,524 Posts
Don’t but it from that guy. He’s a scam.
I'm curious also as to what you mean by this. Is it just his prices? Because yes, they are high. He's the only one I've found selling 15mm bolt-on spacers and I want them, but they seem way overpriced.

So is it just the prices or have there been bad experiences with him?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As much as I like and prefer using OEM parts, $360 is way too much just to have the option of using a start button. This is the one I was going to buy.
ok that’s good to know, I’m actually wrong it’s $400 now. His prices always go up and I don’t understand why lol because some of the parts he sells you can buy way cheaper elsewhere. Anyways, is that harness easy to install too?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
ok that’s good to know, I’m actually wrong it’s $400 now. His prices always go up and I don’t understand why lol because some of the parts he sells you can buy way cheaper elsewhere. Anyways, is that harness easy to install too?
Yeah, there was a PDF floating around on here with the instructions. Pretty sure it was just 3 or 4 steps and it had pics.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yea I wouldn’t buy from him. Not only does he sell his stuff for ridiculous prices but he also charges a ton for shipping. The stuff then ends up getting to you in 2 weeks which is crazy long for the amount youre spending. His customer service is not good either, I’ve seen him lash out at people on his Instagram posts just cause they don’t agree with him. You should try ICB, I’ve seen the push to start putting button on their website.

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
I bought mine from ICB and it was direct plug and play.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah dont use that guy dc5parts I had to block that guy on Instagram cause I just don't like him is all we had an argument and prefer to never do business with him ever again. Kinda shady in my opinion and he thinks his products don't stick and he is the shit just my opinion he does charge out the ass for parts and Shipping as well go with wire worx for the win it will take some work not worth it in my opinion if you still have to turn key to on position before you push button. It is more for the look of it had one on my mustang gt from a shelby gt500 will never put one in again cause trouble down the road diagnosing ignition issues later on. I've been there done that and will never again unless it is remote start by viper than maybe with an acura tl type s metallic blue you feel me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you do go with it you should also do the s2000 ap1 cluster conversion to complete the look would look sick in my opinion

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yea I wouldn’t buy from him. Not only does he sell his stuff for ridiculous prices but he also charges a ton for shipping. The stuff then ends up getting to you in 2 weeks which is crazy long for the amount youre spending. His customer service is not good either, I’ve seen him lash out at people on his Instagram posts just cause they don’t agree with him. You should try ICB, I’ve seen the push to start putting button on their website.
I am pretty sure he uses jpcarparts.com for the new type r parts. I’ve used this website and it is nice. But if you buy from someone who makes this purchases and needs to make profit ( I believe he does) then he will charge a fortune. He has products on his website that you can pick from a oe type r catalog which leads me to believe he is using jpcarparts or a similar type business. Customer service has been unprofessional in the past after a few back and forth when I was trying to understand his prices. I like the items he sells but will never buy from him again. A good reputation is better than a pocket full of money. However I do hope that in the near future his prices become reasonable and that his customer service becomes more professional.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm curious also as to what you mean by this. Is it just his prices? Because yes, they are high. He's the only one I've found selling 15mm bolt-on spacers and I want them, but they seem way overpriced.

So is it just the prices or have there been bad experiences with him?
I have bought 25mm wheel spacers from kseriesparts before by H&R? They should have a set for 15mm. Also I am selling my four spacers in case anyone here wants some spacers!

·
WILDCARD!
1,524 Posts
I have bought 25mm wheel spacers from kseriesparts before by H&R? They should have a set for 15mm. Also I am selling my four spacers in case anyone here wants some spacers!
They do have 15mm spacers for the RSX on kseriesparts, but not the bolt-on type. They only have the type where you have to do extended wheel studs. I prefer not to have to swap out the wheel studs if possible because it's a bitch to do. It looks like they do have 15mm bolt-on Eibach spacers for sale on kseriesparts but the center bore is not the correct size for the RSX.

I have found "Stance Magic" brand spacers on Amazon that are the correct specs (15mm bolt-on, 64.1 bore), but they are very cheap and that scares me. But then again, those could very well be the same ones that DC5Rparts guy is selling for a huge markup. I don't think his were branded, so who know what they are.

Oh well...maybe someday I'll feel like tackling the wheel studs...but not today, lol.

·
WILDCARD!
1,524 Posts
Gotcha well my H&R wheel spacers are the bolt on type. I bet if you get a hold of an H&R distributor you can get a 15mm kit.
I will look in to it. Thanks!

EDIT: Actually, look what I found: H&R DRM Series Wheel Spacers - 15mm (1 Pair) So apparently they do make them. Seems like those should be available on kseriesparts. I believe that 15mm is as wide as you can get away with without rolling the fenders.

·
Registered
not very much faster than an FRS
153 Posts
I prefer not to have to swap out the wheel studs if possible because it's a bitch to do.
Not as hard as you think. Trim the dust shield behind where the caliper bolts on and grind the knuckle down a little bit there, and you can pop the old ones out and slide new ones right in. Took me over an hour to do my front ones because I was screwing around. Got the lug stud mounting tool from advance for $40 and returned it when I was done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts