Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Was Really Considering Buying A Borla Has Anyone One Dynoed Their Borla Exhaust With Stock 16's I'm A Little Skeptical About The Dyno Results In Turbo Magazine. Lowest Price On One???

Current Mods I Have Aem V2 Which I Like Better Then My Previous Injen, Rotora Front Slotted Rotors With Axxis Ultimate Pads Valvoline Synpower Brake Fluid

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
Do you actually go thru and cap all the first letters, or does your 'puter have some major malfunction?

I can tell you that Borla, AEM SRI, and stock wheels was 169/124.

·
Chemical Soldier
1,139 Posts
I used to have a borla back in the day. The piping was only 2.25" which isn't a vast improvement over the stock exhaust. Whenever I took it off, I really couldn't tell that it was missing(besides the sound). I'm sure the gains are very minimal. If you're going to stick with basic mods, I'm sure it will be fine...it sounds good and looks really good too. A few companies out there right now are shooting towards a 3" exhaust for their N/A kits to maximize gains.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
If you're going n/a, I think the borla would be fine for you. I have one and I love it. All the exhausts for the RSX gain about 3 whp if your lucky. It's not a power mod, it's a look/sound mod.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
I like my borla as well :)

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
It's more than just a look/sound mod, but you won't see much in the way of HP with just the exhaust. Where it helps is letting your other mods perform better, or maybe I should say more efficiently.

For example, say you have a stock RSX. Put just an exhaust on it, and you may see a 3 or 4 HP gain. Now, put that same exhaust on a car that already has intake, Hondata, and a header, and you may see 8 to 10 HP. The exhaust won't do much on it's own, but it will let the WHOLE SYSTEM known as the motor function more efficiently.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I like Borla also..its the loudest for the rsx correct me if im wrong, I also like the HKS :)

But its all up too you now for the Dyno graph i would go too borlas website and findout

·
Konichiwa Bitches!!!
293 Posts
Any of you guys run into a rattling problem with the borla, I just got one installed, and noticed that one of the prongs from the muffler is touching the body of the car, so sometimes when I drive at low RPMs I get an annoying rattling sound. Any tips?

Dal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts