Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm reading through the August copy of Super Street that I picked up so I can be even less effective at work here on the weekends, and I get to their "ULTIMATE Turbo Kit Buyer's Guide"

B.S.

Not even the slightest mention of Cybernation for the K-Series. What the hell? I mean, obviously GReddy will make the cut, being as well known as they are. But, how can Cybernation respectfully be left out of a guide that claims to be ultimate when they go to compile a list? GReddy is nice and all, but the numbers and work behind CN kits as much as the quality should have granted them mention.

Just my bitch for the article. BTW, the article "TAKE CONTROL" about Engine Management systems/ECU units didn't even mention Hondata. Looks like the K-Series gets doublefucked in this issue of SS. :thumbsdow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
CN is still kind of an unknown if you aren't into K-series, they've only been in the game for a couple years. And what's a lazy reporter going to do? Go with a company that's been around for a while thinking they have the best stuff out (Greddy) to save them from having to work/do research.

However, if you're going to do an article on "k-series", you should probably have all the latest information (k-pro, CN's multiple 400+ whp RSX's, etc...). Me thinks the Super Street guys are too busy recovering from their hang overs at all these shows to do any research. LOL So they find the car with the biggest 3 story aluminum wing and write an article about it.

One of us should write them and "bring them up to speed" on what's happening now/today/currently. And let them know what was cool in 2001, is not all that anymore :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
942 Posts
wunluv said:
CN is still kind of an unknown if you aren't into K-series, they've only been in the game for a couple years. And what's a lazy reporter going to do? Go with a company that's been around for a while thinking they have the best stuff out (Greddy) to save them from having to work/do research.

However, if you're going to do an article on "k-series", you should probably have all the latest information (k-pro, CN's multiple 400+ whp RSX's, etc...). Me thinks the Super Street guys are too busy recovering from their hang overs at all these shows to do any research. LOL So they find the car with the biggest 3 story aluminum wing and write an article about it.

One of us should write them and "bring them up to speed" on what's happening now/today/currently. And let them know what was cool in 2001, is not all that anymore :D
Agreed! I was thinking the same thing when I read it yesterday....no Kpro...no CN?? WTF :thumbsdow
 

·
I love Audi Junkie!!!
Joined
·
3,072 Posts
Frozt said:
So I'm reading through the August copy of Super Street that I picked up so I can be even less effective at work here on the weekends, and I get to their "ULTIMATE Turbo Kit Buyer's Guide"

B.S.

Not even the slightest mention of Cybernation for the K-Series. What the hell? I mean, obviously GReddy will make the cut, being as well known as they are. But, how can Cybernation respectfully be left out of a guide that claims to be ultimate when they go to compile a list? GReddy is nice and all, but the numbers and work behind CN kits as much as the quality should have granted them mention.

Just my bitch for the article. BTW, the article "TAKE CONTROL" about Engine Management systems/ECU units didn't even mention Hondata. Looks like the K-Series gets doublefucked in this issue of SS. :thumbsdow
Yeah, They actually missed a bunch of quality kits...

For the B-Series motors, Drag still offers some of the best kits for the money!!!

Not to mention revhard, Hot Shot, and all the other awesome kits out there!!!

Hell, Full Race is one of the best builders of turbo kits, and I have never seen any magazine coverage reguarding them!!!

See ya,
JMS



Magazine articles often piss me off!!!

-JMS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Frozt said:
So I'm reading through the August copy of Super Street ... didn't even mention Hondata. Looks like the K-Series gets doublefucked in this issue of SS. :thumbsdow
The Hasport Integra that won the Unlimited FWD Class in the Time Attack Challenge uses K-Series motor, JRSC and Hondata K-Pro ECU. Check out page 195.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=175924
 

·
parts selling freak
Joined
·
588 Posts
i dont think that the k20 has ever gotten the respect that it deserves.. not to mention the rsx in general..
it takes time i guess. example the b series motors were first introduced in 89 i think and they are still the most popular motors out, it takes time and soon enough the k20 will be the most popular, watch and see and maybe then we will get all the goodies :thumbsup:
 

·
...
Joined
·
5,022 Posts
Personally, I don't care if they don't mention it. I don't see that many RSX's here in San Diego and I enjoy that fact. I like having a car that is unique. It would be the same if Ferrari made the Modena affordable for everyone. What's the point in having one then?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This isn't about not mentioning the RSX, this is about not mentioning CN or K-Pro, when they mention AEM engine management for the k20 and GReddy turbo systems for the k20. It's not about the rsx and whether it's common or not.
 
Joined
·
5,340 Posts
k-series said:
They mention people that give them money...period.


Steve
Unfortunately, a lot of media companies will favor companies that pay them. A lot of the companies that are mentioned in there is because they advertise with them. Those companies give the magazine around 30-100k a year for a half/full page advertisement spot. Of course they'll get first pick. Unfortunately, I doubt CN has that kind of budget right now.
 

·
...
Joined
·
5,022 Posts
Okay let's do the math. K20 engines are in how many platforms stateside. 4 models total. Hondata K-Pro is for the K-Series engine. I see Civic Si's but not that many. I see Type S's but not that many, I see Base RSX's but not that many. I prefer it that way. What we had 65 at the SoCal meet. Cybernation is established. Give them time to get the marketing. How long did it take Greddy to become "famous"? How long has AEM been in business? Hondata has been around for a little bit and has the cornerstone in the ECU business dealing with Honda's. The K-Pro is only about 6 months old, so give it time before it is the next craze.

Frozt said:
This isn't about not mentioning the RSX, this is about not mentioning CN or K-Pro, when they mention AEM engine management for the k20 and GReddy turbo systems for the k20. It's not about the rsx and whether it's common or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
Frozt said:
yea, it sucks that tuner mags are basically just advertising agencies. It's hard to get real good information and honest reviews of products. Thank god for ClubRSX :p
hard to find an honest review in the mags for sure. When's the last time you read an article that said a product sucked? A few mags have done that and lost their a$$ in ad revenue. That's what makes the net so nice! On the net, people complain constantly because nobodies paying them to sugarcoat it!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top