Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i was so happy that I got my UPS box today. I opened it up to pull out my shiny new carbon fiber spoiler and was completely dissapointed. On the left side facing out there is a nice small (but deep) scratch in it. Underneath where the bolts are, on 1 bolt there is alot of rust and rust underneath the washer on the actual CF. On the right side( facing out) there is a small hole all the way through the CF. If u took an ink pen and just moved it around enough to make a mark, that would be the size of the hole. This may seem like minor things, but the total price of this spoiler shipped came out to almost $450 bucks. For that price I expect it to be perfect (like my c/f hood). Anyone else have the CF type-r spoiler? I will hopefully get some pics up soon.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
just take the side peices, repair them and paint em to match your car, i think it looks better with just the CF deck part anyways

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OmegA-RSX-S said:
just take the side peices, repair them and paint em to match your car, i think it looks better with just the CF deck part anyways
Thats cool, but I shouldn't have to repair anything. Anyways, how would I go about reparing a hole in the CF? I don't really want the sides painted because 1. I have a NBP so it wont even be really noticeable 2. It will look 2 much like an EVO especially with my vented hood. I don't want people 2 think of my car as a wannabe EVO8.

·
Gold Fancy!!
1,551 Posts
who did you get your spoiler from?

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Well, that sucks i agree for 450 you shouldnt have to repair anything. But to repair CF is same as anything else bondo and sand. but the only thing is it will be visible so you'll have to paint it or it'll look like ass.

·
dude..wheres my car
16,177 Posts
i know a guy that got it for 190 on ebay..it was like what happened to u, but the place that made it was local so he was able to exchange it

·
no mo my rsx type S
1,101 Posts
damn! where did you buy it from? im retty sure you can get an exchange. they must have some return policy. anyway i plan on getiing one from **************.com soon.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I am very happy with mine....except I have been finding rust spots comming from underneath it...what could I coat/wrap/seal it with to make it stop?

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything is very minor, I guess I was over reacting a little. The thing Im worried most about is the rust on the bolts. Is that going to be a problem down the road? The knick and small hole you cant even really see unless you are really looking for it.

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
808k20a2 said:
damn! where did you buy it from? im retty sure you can get an exchange. they must have some return policy. anyway i plan on getiing one from **************.com soon.
Buy it from here, on ClunRSX. It is under "body kits":thumbsup:

·
Mugen whore
1,592 Posts
is it type r or wings west replica? post pics? the one CRSX sells is from GTP, i really dont like the quality of GTP's cf products.

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RsX_Boi said:
is it type r or wings west replica? post pics? the one CRSX sells is from GTP, i really dont like the quality of GTP's cf products.
Yeah it's from GTP. Im gonna take pics this weekend and send it back. I had it out in the sunlight and there's like little white spots and shit on it that don't come off. I know this is gonna be a pain in the ass to sendback. My friend also noticed that the sanding around the edges was terrible. Anyone know of anyone else that makes these? I wish the quality of it was as good as my VIS hood.

·
Gold Fancy!!
1,551 Posts
Contact HighRevthug. he makes the CF type-r wings for Clubrsx. he did my wing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts