Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Nikon & Nitrous Crew
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if I'm the only one. I hope to get on the dyno soon with the 150 shot, but who knows when that will happen. The car scene in WV is really limited, and most reputable dyno's and tuner's are over 2 hours away. Anyways, here's my current engine bay if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Thought about it, and was planning on doing so, and currently have all the parts to do so, but just don't wanna see my base motor ending its life on purpose. I'm sure I'm already pushing it wayyyyy past the limit anyway so I figured adding more may not too be too good for it :noes:

But as far as your setup goes I'm deff down to see numbers and if the results are good I may give it a try. I mean being the guinea pig for something sometimes feels sketchy. I did that all motor wise and got lucky, but nitrous and e85 who knows :dontknow:

·
Nikon & Nitrous Crew
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not worried about the e85 with the nitrous. I was just curious how many people are also using it. I've already been spraying it with the current setup, but just haven't been able to get on a dyno. Before I switched to e85, I dyno'd 312whp on a dynojet with a 130shot. With the bigger shot and e85, I'm hoping to be around 340whp.

·
Nikon & Nitrous Crew
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stock a2? your dipstick chipped i can see orange chip lol but seriously r u running just a stock a2 on 130 shot?
Yes, Stock A2. Yes the dipstick is chipped and needs repainted. It's on the to-do list. My previous setup was a 130bhp shot and it put down 312whp on a dynojet. Since then I've switched to e85, deleted ac & ps, and bumped it up to a 150bhp shot. It's a staggered shot though, so that eliminates a big torque hit at low rpms. The primary stage starts at 4000, and the second stage doesn't start until 6300. Car has 96,000 on the odometer.

:pimp

·
Got Juice??
792 Posts
I havent yet, but I plan on running the same setup you are wanting to go with. E85 is great stuff though. My buddy has a stock B18c1 with ARP head studs on E85 and a 150bhp shot and made 330whp (were at ~6000' elevation too). Runs like a champ!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts