Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when i first got my 04 type s i really wanted to mod and do all sorts of stuff to it you know like most people my age . As time went by I realized that yeah i could modd my ride and make it look awsome but....SO WHAT. What was that ever going to do for me. I just feel like i should spend my money in something that might make more money....invest. ANYWAYS I just wanted to know if anyone else on this forum has lost or is losing their passion for modding.....Dont get me wrong i still want to mod my car but just not as bad as when i first got it....BTW im 18 and in college and proabally going to be in a lot of debt. lol

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
college is the modding bug repellant spray.

as soon as you're out of school, whether it be after your 4 years, or during summer breaks, the bug will bite again

·
12sx
4,423 Posts
college is the modding bug repellant spray.

as soon as you're out of school, whether it be after your 4 years, or during summer breaks, the bug will bite again
:iamwiths:

When I think about all the money that I've spent on my car and all the other things I could've gotten / invested in...it makes me feel so empy :run:

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
When I think about all the money that I've spent on my car and all the other things I could've gotten / invested in...it makes me feel so empy :run:
until you go driving in your car, then all the emptiness is filled with k20 fun spinning 8,100 times a minute.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah but wouldnt it be more fun to make more money so you could one day have fun with lets say a Porsche or a Ferrari?

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
yeah but wouldnt it be more fun to make more money so you could one day have fun with lets say a Porsche or a Ferrari?
If you're going to make enough money for a Porsche/Ferrari some day anway, it's not like spending a few grand in mods is going to effect you later down the road.

Dang! I should have never bought that CAI! Because now I am only $220 away from my Ferrari!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
though about this everyday pretty much and for some reason i keep on spending ( im 18 as well)...i have nothing to spend my money on so i just keep on putting it into the car hoping one day when i sell the car, some1 on here will want all my mods lol...but yea threw 24.5k away on a car then about 3k in mods so far and thinking about going turbo now so another 5-6k when thats all finished. Probly shoulda invested it but ur only young and retarted once. Then again im not spending money i dont have so i would say just dont be an idiot and rack up cc debt.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Haha hells no.
I wanted to go into professional racing since I was 12 years old. Except my parents wouldn't let me, held me back. I wanted a go-kart and start kart racing because at that age I knew thats where I should be starting if I wanted to go into professional racing. Now I'm 19, in college now just like you. Modding more than ever, spending more money than ever. Trying to do every kind of racing I can get my hands on reading books on driving, taking racing schools whenever I can, reading on how to properly build race cars; anything. I participate in Autocross, Winter Autocross, Track Days, Regional Rally event, I applied for Star Racer (but didn't get in) and I have a race mentality literally almost 24/7.

I don't know what I need to do to become pro.. nor do I know if I can even be pro because I'm starting late but I'm trying to do what I can with what I have.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.