Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fast, not furious.
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone ever order from Infinitive Designs? (Carbon Creations)

http://www.infinitivedesigns.com/index.son

I ordered a CF wing for my car from them about 10 days ago..
They got my money immediately.. but I've gotten nothing from them that resembles customer service. Today I called, the guy on the phone said that they don't look up customer information when people call.. he said that he'll take my name down and call me back if my item has shipped. From my invoice number he was unable to tell me my address, and wasn't even able to confirm what I had ordered.. yet he's going to call me and let me know when it's shipped? What kind of company can't even pull up name/address/product ordered from their own internal invoicing system.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had dealings with this company.. or if I'm getting the shaft.

5,340 Posts
dolfin said:
http://www.infinitivedesigns.com/index.son

I ordered a CF wing for my car from them about 10 days ago..
They got my money immediately.. but I've gotten nothing from them that resembles customer service. Today I called, the guy on the phone said that they don't look up customer information when people call.. he said that he'll take my name down and call me back if my item has shipped. From my invoice number he was unable to tell me my address, and wasn't even able to confirm what I had ordered.. yet he's going to call me and let me know when it's shipped? What kind of company can't even pull up name/address/product ordered from their own internal invoicing system.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had dealings with this company.. or if I'm getting the shaft.
If you placed an order with them, you will recieve it. They might not be able to look up your info right away, but you'll pretty much get it.

·
Fast, not furious.
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting that I can order a CF hood on the same day (April 9th) from a company in canada.. and it was delievered today from california.

Word from Infinitive Designs is that they're doing inventory and no orders will be shipped till wednesday.. but they can't confirm or deny if my order is even going to ship on wednesday or not.

·
Fast, not furious.
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump

Now I've been notified it's on backorder. The person on the phone can't even verify what I ordered. When I asked about canceling the order, they cite a 25% restocking fee on a product they don't even have yet? Keep in mind I ordered this on April 9th. I've been out 450 bucks since the day I ordered it. What should I do?

·
baby buffett
4,805 Posts
SiFuSpEc said:
That's weird, most of the time companies with nice sites cooperate well .. hmm..
:iamwiths:

·
Washington Huskies
1,015 Posts
ouch, that sucks. call the Better business bureau or something. at least call the shop up and say they will be hearing from them soon because you want to cancel an order that they dont even have in stock yet and want to charge you a 25% restocking fee.

·
Fast, not furious.
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm starting to think from reading some other posts that infinitive designs and carbon creations is the same company? Neither seem to be able to even verify what has been ordered.. the last (3) times I have talked to infinitive designs, the guy has said "well, we just don't have all the parts of your order yet and to save on shipping we like to ship them all at once".. Thing is, I just ordered a CF wing.. how many parts to that? Yeah, right. I'll give them 1 more week, then I'm gonna send the BBB and Mastercard after their asses.

5,340 Posts
dolfin said:
I'm starting to think from reading some other posts that infinitive designs and carbon creations is the same company? Neither seem to be able to even verify what has been ordered.. the last (3) times I have talked to infinitive designs, the guy has said "well, we just don't have all the parts of your order yet and to save on shipping we like to ship them all at once".. Thing is, I just ordered a CF wing.. how many parts to that? Yeah, right. I'll give them 1 more week, then I'm gonna send the BBB and Mastercard after their asses.

No....carbon creations and infinitive designs are not the same company. Infinitive Designs is one of their distributors tho.

·
Fast, not furious.
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wing received today. It has damage on the right leading edge of the wing, the finish looks like total crap (very dull in some areas). Also there are two holes drilled in the underside of the wing. I'm wondering if this is USED? I paid 450 bucks for a USED carbon fiber wing?

Here's a link to the product, look how much they brag about the finish on the wing.. http://www.infinitivedesigns.com/shopexd.son?id=4609

I did NOT sign for this wing. It was left on my doorstep.. so I never confirmed that it was received in good condition. If I had been home to sign for it, I never would've accepted this crap.

I'm going to call them tomorrow.. anyone else have an experience like this?

·
Fast, not furious.
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I called UPS and reported the damage on the leading edge of the wing. They are going to pick it up and return it to Infinitive designs. There is no way in hell I'm going to pay a restocking fee for them sending me this piece of crap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.